Don't no what to do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perth2011

Reaction score
Ok I started making beer saturday. Today is Tuesday I've been pulling my har out.I first got a gravity reading of 1036-40.Monday got a reading of 1030.now Tuesday got a reading of 1005 or so. Didnt see any fermenting.Just a white coat at bottom of the bucket.so Monday I stirred it and added more yeast. What do I do.there is a little foam no Karsen to be seen or anything like that.it's at like 24 degrees celsius.I no I've probably wrecked it but any help would do me a world of good thank u so much I'm so interested in this:tank:

Krausen??? We dont need no stinking krausen! But seriously, it's good man, beer will be fine. Alcohol was made. Sugar was consumed. Krausen isnt necessary.

Haaa yes abit of both sky and books.I've a lot of experience in drinking. What's should I do guys leave it or what? I no I'm over eager to get it out and in my belly but then again I'm Irish so it's in my blood.

Haaa no Aussies are always telling me to speak English!!!! know is that better bro??? Haaa

Haaa yes abit of both sky and books.I've a lot of experience in drinking. What's should I do guys leave it or what? I no I'm over eager to get it out and in my belly but then again I'm Irish so it's in my blood.

No expert but since I had some fun with you I will say too soon to be completely finished, and 1005 seems too low. Typo? Not sure never had one drop that fast. I usually give it a week before I even check and another for it to settle out.

Haa cheers mate!i think I've screwed up some where maybe my brain but that's a story for another day.makes no sense.yes it's dropped for sure. Like started at 1036 or close and today it's like 1005.smells ok I tasted it.bit watery but was thinking still ok.I just don't know really?

Haa cheers mate!i think I've screwed up some where maybe my brain but that's a story for another day.makes no sense.yes it's dropped for sure. Like started at 1036 or close and today it's like 1005.smells ok I tasted it.bit watery but was thinking still ok.I just don't know really?

Probably tastes a bit watery because it is flat still.

so you think i should leave it in more or have i just wrecked the beer??? i do appretiate all the help bro!

cheers guys ill just chillax so....thanks for all your help so do ye reckon my brew will be ok

Your beer is fine. with a gravity of 1040 it will finish quickly. leave it in the fermenter for about 2 weeks total and then bottle it up.
In the mean time Plamers How to brew book is free at www.howtobrew.com it has some good info.
Next brew check out the recipe section of this site.
Relax
Mike

cheers mike.ur a gent!i know im totaly over eager but im sure ill learn how with experience.any steel questions or welding im happy to answer haaaa all im good at i think!!!!!
cheers mate

Back