Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well after seeing the lineup for us, maybe TLR is trying to give you all a game Bernie ?

Ha! I was just going to say the same thing in reverse! RR put Kotsay back out there, but is trying to hide him in right field this time instead of center. And since Wolf is pitching, that means Kottaras is catching. So #8 and#9 in the order are automatic outs already.

And having Theriot in there will only help the Cards. He has been a Brewer killer forever, going back to his days with the Chubs. Can't believe he has sat at all this series.

Freese in the 4 hole is the weird part. Oh well, Blues game and Cards game on tonight, need to pick up a 6 pack and settle in (still lagering my dunkle)

WildGingerBrewing said:
WTF Rangers??? I guess nellie still has a couple of at bats left. We can catch up!

Not a chance. Rest of the series is a downward spiral for the (rump) Rangers.

I'm just glad that Texas is not sitting in our ballpark drinking Champagne or Cider.
Oops.. Holliday HR. Not sure which way I want to see this series go.

I feel EVER so much better now. Enough for some guarded optimism. If the Crew steals another one tomorrow, I will be downright ecstatic!

Bernie Brewer said:
I feel EVER so much better now. Enough for some guarded optimism. If the Crew steals another one tomorrow, I will be downright ecstatic!

Oh if they steal one more tomorrow, I'll be going nuts!!

Just hope head case Greinke can get it done tomorrow!

BTW, keep an eye out for this in the stands behind home plate when the series gets back to MIL. A fun little distraction. Well, TWO fun distractions, actually..... ;)

Not a chance. Rest of the series is a downward spiral for the (rump) Rangers.

Not a chance! We win it Saturday at home just like last year. The Tigers would have to win 3 in a row to finish it and they will NOT win 2 in Texas. It is all but over!

Maybe you shouldn't think that far ahead?

_

I came close. Nellie came up and hit another homer! But yes, sadly I spoke too soon!

BTW, keep an eye out for this in the stands behind home plate when the series gets back to MIL. A fun little distraction. Well, TWO fun distractions, actually..... ;)

This gives me a reason to watch your next game!

Wolf had that hook working for him last night, hats off to him, he pitched a hell of a game.

Now lets hope we get good Jamie tonight!

Boy during his interviews Grienke just looks dumber than a box of rocks. Good thing he can pitch or he would be washing cars for a living somewhere.

Good thing he's good at baseball otherwise Greinke wouldn't be married to this:

securedownload.jpeg

I hope we get the good Greinke (we may have seen it twice this year?) and can get to Garcia early..

Thanks for the post. Now that I know she is 40 I will enjoy the game more. I couldn't quite determine her age and didn't want to say anything in case she was someones 15 yo daughter.

Bernie at least you have 2 games at home, the Tigers have to win two in Texas. I think our bat's are waking up but the key seems to be Jackson, when he hits everyone hits.

Any interest from anyone in here to join the HBT fantasy baseball league for next season?

It's a free, fun league that we run on the espn site. It's been up now for two years, and we have a good core of people from HBT. We will have one or two slots open for next year, and I figured I'd throw it out to the people in this thread. If you're interested, send me a PM.

It felt like getting run over by a truck tonight. A Ranger truck. When does spring training start? 1st 2012 game against Boston at home....go Tigers..and I now become a Ranger fan for the rest of 2011... AL champion Texas Rangers I'm rooting for you to be the World Series Champions. Bring it on NL.

It felt like getting run over by a truck tonight. A Ranger truck. When does spring training start? 1st 2012 game against Boston at home....go Tigers..and I now become a Ranger fan for the rest of 2011... AL champion Texas Rangers I'm rooting for you to be the World Series Champions. Bring it on NL.

If Mil loses I will be rooting for TX also. Wow. What a crush job last night. Rangers really stuck it to 'em. Congrats TX.

Back