Stainless Steel Barbed Fittings for Chugger / March Pump -Found before, but lost link

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewrican

Reaction score
Recently i stumbled upon a fitting that goes directly on the threaded ports of a stainless steel Chugger (or march pump) that were stainless steel and were a barbed fitting on the other end. PERFECT!

Well now I cant find the link / page and i need to order them. Can someone point me in the right direction? Someone has to have this link saved or have ordered it in the past...
:drunk:

You mean this:

ssfbarb-250x250.jpg

yep.. my link is a full bore which is why i wanted to get that specific one. Look at the images on that site that i posted... may not be a big deal, but i said screw it.... ill get it to be safe.

I had barbs on my pump at one time. Went to the cam locks and am real happy about that.

If those barbs are in fact 10 bucks then no, the cam locks really aren't that much more expensive. Although you would need to get the SS Street elbows to get the high rate flow but it is more flow than the barbs. The cam locks LOCK where the barbs do not.

well let me think about this for a moment.

I am going from a keggle with a standard barb fitting on it to the pump and then from the pump to a hard plumbed pipe to recirculate.

With that said, the keggle is not full bored and therefore this is no use at all of having a full bored inlet fitting correct? Does that make sense?

Then i have a hard plumbed pipe coming up which has a standard barb on it so there is no use of having a full bore on the outflow either? correct?

So in short, should i just save the money and get standard over the full bore??

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge the diameter of the out is what will determine flow. You could restrict it down the line and gain pressure I guess but I don't know the benefit of going larger bore down stream.

I wasn't impressed with the flow using the standard barbs or barbed Cam Locks. Am real happy now with the Street Elbow connections and full flow through the cam locks. Have you seen that thread?

yeah i was just looking at the right now.

I think for cost / function (i will be using it mainly for recirc which i want fairly slow), i will prob just go standard barb fittings now.

I just spoke with chugger to confirm and they said that there is no reason to go high flow.. just make sure that the output is less than the input and you will be fine. I will just throttle it down just a hair if i need to on the ball valve on the output side.

In order for the high flow to be useful, i would need to replace the barbed fittings on my three keggles plus one for the input of the pump so that would be 40 bucks on its own.

Back