I need a bottle of Spotted Cow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwjester

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So a poker friend of mine last night brought a bottle of Spotted Cow (not available in Colorado). I asked him if I could give it a try and he said sure. Well, after I had had a couple of drinks, he said that his sister brought it from Wisconsin for him and that was the only one he has. Even though he was fine giving it to me, I feel awful about taking it now. I need to get another one somehow. Anyone with access to Spotted Cow interested in a swap? I have access to some great CO beers and can get some of the nice CA beers too.

By the way, the Spotted Cow was fantastic.

The Spotted Cow by New Glarus is meh. It's ok for what it is- a cream ale made with "farmhouse" yeast?- but it's not that great. The problem with getting it is that it's only available in Wisconsin, and not distributed out of the state at all.

I'd suggest that if you want to do a swap, to swap for other New Glarus beers like Fat Squirrel, Belgian Red, etc. They really have great beers.

I can swing by the store tomorrow if I get a chance, if you don't get any other takers. I'm judging a beer comp in Wisconsin tomorrow.

New Glarus' Golden Ale is absolutely amazing! It's $80 for a 12 pack of 600ml bottles but I'm having my parents bring a twelver out for me at Christmas. Definitely the best beer they make. Unfortunately it's harder to get than their regular beers. You have to actually buy this stuff from the brewery itself. Lucky for me, my parents live an hour away.

I have a friend here that gets ahold of Spotted Cow quite frequently, he's from Minnesota and his wife is from Wisconsin. I may be headed to Broomfield for a Phish concert this October. If I get tickets to Phish and can snag a bottle or two from my buddy I'll bring them up to Denver for you. I'll prost this thread and let you know if/when it happens.

Back