Milk/sweet stout OG/FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Style OG is 1.044 to 1.060

Style FG is 1.012 to 1.024

Style Color 30.0 to 40.0 SRM

Style IBU 20.0 to 40.0

Thank you echo.

I took a reading last night and got 1.021. The brew has been in the primary fermenter for 7 days now (not using a secondary), how much longer should I wait to bottle?

Style OG is 1.044 to 1.060

Style FG is 1.012 to 1.024

Style Color 30.0 to 40.0 SRM

Style IBU 20.0 to 40.0

Thank you echo.

I took a reading last night and got 1.021. The brew has been in the primary fermenter for 7 days now (not using a secondary), how much longer should I wait to bottle?

What's the rush? Give it another few weeks, not necessarily to lower the FG, but to give them yeasties a chance to absorb some of their by products and clean the taste up somewhat. I tend to give my beer 3 weeks in the fermenter.

I took a reading at 7 days in primary and got 1.021. That was on 4/23. I took another reading tonight at 16 days in primary and got 1.021. I also had a taste - so far, so good! Do you think it is OK to bottle on Tuesday? That would be 19 days in the primary.

Assuming you brewed with lactose the FG is where is should be pretty much. Now it's just a question of letting the yeast clean things up or not... at 19 days you're probably OK, but be sure to let it be in the bottle for 3-4 weeks.

I did brew with lactose. I've decided to wait a full three weeks, so I'll be bottling on Thursday instead of Tuesday this week.

Assuming you brewed with lactose the FG is where is should be pretty much. Now it's just a question of letting the yeast clean things up or not... at 19 days you're probably OK, but be sure to let it be in the bottle for 3-4 weeks.

Latest posts

Back