Brewery Logo Magnet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrizzell

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a large magnet of their brewery logo made? I haven't finalized my logo yet, but I thought it would be great to have a magnet made to put on the kegerator when it's done.

I did a quick check of a few places on the internet but it looked kinda pricey. Thought I'd see if anyone had gone down this road and found a reasonable source.

:mug:

Or you can buy magnetic sheets and print your own.

http://www.custom-magnets.com/ink-jet-magnet-sheets.htm

They also have them cut in business card size. That gets me thinking...what about printing up business card magnets with the logo and the beer name to go above the taps on the kegerator? :rockin:

The minimum order qty is 10 sheets, but they do have a sample pack for $9.95.

http://new.custom-magnets.com/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=358

But, it looks like this might just be paper with a magnet on the back, so I'm not sure how durable they would be.

I expect my logo to be done this week and I'd like to get a 2' x 2' image of the logo on the front of my keezer.

I looked into the magnet idea and the costs seemed pretty high as well as some were limiting on the number of colors, etc.

So I was driving and saw one of those Vinyl covered cars with the advertsing and thought...hmmm...how do they do that. It isn't a paint job. I discovered it was a flexible vinyl that is attached with some sort of grommet, but THEN i discovered they make this stuff SELF sticking and on a small scale its cheap.

Check this out...

2'x2' Self Adhesive Vinyl for less that $25.
Haven't tried this yet, but for the low cost I am seriously considering it once I get my logo back this week.

Custom Self Adhesive Vinyl [No I don't work for them or have any affiliation]

Sweet find, MN. I might try that out. :D

I was going to suggest similar, jfrizzell, the local Time Warner contractors all have cheap vinyl magnets that they slap on the side of their van. They can't be too costly, especially without the magnet part. We have a chain place called FastSigns here, they would probably do it in-house... no idea on cost. My past job used FastSigns for dimensional lettering on interior walls, that's where I know 'em from.

I'm still working on the logo...but I'm probably not going to spend a lot on a sign for the fridge when I get it done. I like the idea of the vinyl "sign". It looks like you could get a 1 foot x 2 foot sign for like $12. That's not bad at all, assuming it would stick to a fridge with a textured surface.

Then again, maybe I'll print a nice 8.5x11" sign and make a stylish duct tape frame to hold it to the fridge. :D

I'm still working on the logo...but I'm probably not going to spend a lot on a sign for the fridge when I get it done. I like the idea of the vinyl "sign". It looks like you could get a 1 foot x 2 foot sign for like $12. That's not bad at all, assuming it would stick to a fridge with a textured surface.

Then again, maybe I'll print a nice 8.5x11" sign and make a stylish duct tape frame to hold it to the fridge. :D

This stuff is designed to stick on outdoor billboards. I'd have to think it would stick to a freezer. Worst case you could use a 3M Spray Adhesive. That $hit will make anything stick.

Here's some 411 that might help. In your location find a large format printer that prints the magnetic signs you see on the side of some vehicles. This same place will also print adhesive vinyl. The adhesive vinyl will be WAY cheaper than the magnetic sign! Provide them with the art work. Either vector art (preferable) or rasterized graphics at 200 dpi. You'll get charged by the sq. ft. Have no idea what it'll cost ya (for adhesive vinyl it should be 4-9 bucks per sq. foot you do the math on the size your asking them to print). That's what you're looking for. The most important thing here is to provide them with a file that's ready to print and ask them to do it when they get too it. It takes approx. 6 ft of vinyl to web up a lg. format printer, and it WILL cost a butt load if they have to web the printer just to run a half dozen stickers/magnets for ya. By making friends and asking, "Hey can you run this file the next time you run some adhesive vinyl. It's just for my personal use, can you help a brother out... ohh and here's a few biers" You'll probably score! :ban: Well atleast you would where I work.

Good luck,
Phillip

Ps As for me I'm actually going to wrap my spare fridge converted into kegerator with vehicle graphics. I work for a large format printer, like the place I just described. www.imageonestudios.com Hope some of this helps. Of course if you can find an online service I'm sure that'll be great too, but I don't know of one.

Also another idea is to go to the el cheapo sign place, something like Signs Plus etc. and ask to have a banner/really small sign made. You could have it laminated (for stiffness) then apply velcro to hang it where you want. There's alot of different options. Just go and take a look, just remember to be patient asking them to run it with other orders, being prepared to wait a week or two. Lubricate with homebrew and everything will be okay!

What Chriso said is along the same lines as what I'm thinking. Except be sure to ask for adhesive vinyl first as it's going to be a relatively in expensive solution. The magnetic sign making process involves the magnetic material, the adhesive vinyl that's printed on, and lamination.... more parts = more expense.

Schlante,
Phillip

Either vector art (preferable) or rasterized graphics at 200 dpi. You'll get charged by the sq. ft. Have no idea what it'll cost ya (for adhesive vinyl it should be 4-9 bucks per sq. foot you do the math on the size your asking them to print).

$4-$9 per square foot? I'm finding the adhesive final in the $3-$4 range. Full color, adhesive, free shipping.

As soon as my logo is done this week, Im ordering one. I'll post pics.

$4-$9 per square foot? I'm finding the adhesive final in the $3-$4 range. Full color, adhesive, free shipping.

As soon as my logo is done this week, Im ordering one. I'll post pics.

The original post is asking for a "large magnet". This is what I'm addressing, something you can't print on your average desktop printer. Something someone would need the services of a lg. format printer for. Just being helpful!

For a good cheap sign to hang on the wall. The way to go is to have the sign printed on adhesive backed vinyl then mounted on foam core. Then you can hang it on the wall with velcro. My son's room is Univ. of Alabama themed and I'm making him an Alabama logo 42" wide this way.

Schlante & Roll Tide,
Phillip

Finally got the printed brewery logo.

I ordered one logo that was 24" x 21". The oval dimensions in the pictures below of the bigger of the two. I don't know why I had 2 logos included. Maybe they screwed the size and just included the smaller one, but the smaller one is actually a better size for the top of my keezer if I chose to put it there.

The big one I am going to put on the front of the keezer.

Total price shipped was...

$23.96 for printed logo 24"x 21"
$4.00 for laminating (optional)
$7.00 shipping

$34.96 Total

Small logo laid out on top of keezer
DSC01213_21.jpg

Close up of small vinyl logo
DSC01214_2.jpg

Large logo laid out on top for perspective
DSC01217_2.jpg

Close up of large logo
DSC01216_2.jpg

Ill get an extra pair of hands to help align and put this on nice and smooth. I don't know how many attempts ill get if any. Don't know if once its one..its not moving or if there is some flexiblilty. Ill post follow up pictures and report. The price is certainly right for this large of an image and sticker.

Looks great too, if you do this, make sure you give them as large of a PNG file as possible. 330 DPI 2500x2500 or better.

Back