My Simple Kegerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_xt

Reaction score
I justed wanted to say thanks to all who shared their kegerator builds on here. I've been lurking for the last month and just today completed my kegerator build from a Danby mini-fridge (4.4 cf model).
Nothing fancy, but I really wanted to move to something easier that the tap-a-draft and to get my beer into its own fridge.

keg1.jpg

keg2.jpg

Few questions

Is that 3 keg? Can you fit Pepsi or coke kegs? How big is your gas cylinder? Is the gas inside as well? What did you spend on parts and equipment?

Two kegs and a CO2 tank. I have a T on the regulator so I can carb the second while the first is on the tap.

They are Ball Lock kegs (Pepsi) and the CO2 is a 5# tank that sits on the hump. There are other posts about the fridge. It is the Danby DAR440BL. You need to remove the can holder on the inside of the door to make it work, but that was just removing a few screws.

I bought the fridge from amazon. It was about $170 at the time, but I had a bunch of gift cards which is why I decided to do this.
I also bought the single tap setup on amazon thru a reseller for $137. And an extra gas line and some clamps. So if I didn't have the gift cards, it would be about $320 plus kegs.

Back