Madien Voyage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglygoat

Reaction score
First 'real' all grain batch went off with without a hitch last night and the weather finally permitted me to move the operation out doors into my garage and driveway!!! imagine the charmed look on my wife's face when she got home from work early this morning, knowing full well i had a brew session planned when she departed and her kitchen was spottless!!! :)

i had my ten gallon cooler, the cpvc (thankx janx) manifold and my turkey fryer.

it is now fermenting atop a california ale yeast slurry from my last batch and i found some columbus hopps with an alpha acid of 16.1% w00h0000!

thanks to all for all the help and tips i've picked up in this forum :)

Hey glad that everything went well! That sounds like the style of APA/IPA we make a lot of. I love Columbus, and you can't go wrong with Sierra Nevada yeast.

Congrats on going AG! Brewing is so fun :D

Nice Janx, beutiful weekend it was for brewing in Northern CA. Brewing outdoors is the best

Oh wow, was it ever a sweet weekend. After all the rainy brewing I've been doing lately it was a nice change. We brewed an APA based on our "Vote For Pedro" recipe. We used different hops, so this one is called "Reelect Pedro" ;)

1000 posts...wow...what a loudmouth. Y'all just tell me to shut up any time :D

and you are going to hawaii!! :p

i had to employ a blow off tube for the first time! this batch gots me stoked....

Good stuff, man! My kettles are at the welder's right now...just have to build a 3 tier deal and get some propane. And make a manifold. Just out of curiosity, what did everyone pay (if you payed at all), for the welding? I'm sure I'm getting ripped off, but it's my fault for not shopping around. Having two fittings welded on each of three kettles; SS, sanitary welds. He quoted me at $50-$80 per kettle. I told him to make it $50, but I was expecting to pay that much in total. Oh, well, live and learn.

ahhh my setup is rather primative rwn... i am still using a racking cane to get the sparge water out of the kettle into the tun. soon as i find my hole saw, i'll see if it can cut through my kettle and i'll mount the weldless spigot. it works like a charm on my cooler though

since it's still in the infancy, i move alot of kettles full of hot liquid around, i call it my penance, but the rewards are well worth the pulled muscles and scalding burns :) i found out i can carry seven gallons of super hot liqour up and down several flights of steps yargggggggggg!!!! :D

t1master said:
since it's still in the infancy, i move alot of kettles full of hot liquid around, i call it my penance, but the rewards are well worth the pulled muscles and scalding burns :) i found out i can carry seven gallons of super hot liqour up and down several flights of steps yargggggggggg!!!! :D

Living on the edge.... ;) I could probably get away with that, as I am only doing 5 gallon batches, but I'm a reckless spender, and like nice things!

Back