New home brewer on the plateau

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UWDawg13

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post I believe. Been reading the forums for a couple months and finally pulled the trigger to post something - thought I'd start here.

Just got my home brew equipment for Christmas and just bottled my first batch last night. (Midwest Supplies Ferocious IPA extract kit) Second batch is in the primary going on a week and a half and planning on letting it sit there around 3 weeks total. (Midwest's Hopscare IPA)

Really been enjoying it so far and can't wait to crack open my first bottle of my own beer. Been looking at the recipe database and saw the 15 minute Cascade Pale Ale that has great reviews. Think that might be next on the list, then a Ballast Point Sculpin clone sometime after.

Any suggestions on some of your favorite recipes? It should be pretty obvious, but I love my IPAs and also enjoy APAs and reds. Currently just doing extracts at the moment.

Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you guys. I'm in the Bonney Lake area and you'll find me pretty frequently at the local bottle shop/taproom that opened up recently.

Haha, I see what you did there. Should be a good matchup this weekend on the Palouse. Go Dawgs!

UW should win by 20, if not, Romar should be fired on the spot.

You might want to give Dead Ringer IPA from Northern Brewer a shot. It's very popular and has an IBU in the 80's, I think. Also, the American Ale kit from Morebeer is a great house beer that my bro-in-law brews up every other brew. It's more of an APA but still pretty hoppy, and one of my all time favorites.

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions and will have to check them out. Haven't looked at northern brewer yet, but will browse their selection. What's your poison wazzu?

Welcome to a great hobby/passion/obsession! I just wanted to let you know that Homebrewers of Puget Sound meets the second Saturday every month to do beer tastings, discuss brewing and craft beer, and swap info. We meet at MASH Brewing Supply in Tacoma at 4:30, and would love to have you join us!

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions and will have to check them out. Haven't looked at northern brewer yet, but will browse their selection. What's your poison wazzu?

I like a lot of things. Usually APA, IPA, and European lagers. If I'm not drinking beer then its Cab Sauv or an old fashioned.

Thanks BIB, might have to check that out. Been in there a few times and like the place. The owner (Jason?) is super down to earth and helpful.

Go Dawgs!
Go Hawks!

Back