Weird Spam Post Number Uppers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryush806

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed the weird posts lately that don't make any sense? Seems like they are just trying to up their post count for no reason. I've seen two different users do this today and both of them only had like 10 posts. All of them were this weird spam crap.

Has anybody else noticed the weird posts lately that don't make any sense? Seems like they are just trying to up their post count for no reason. I've seen two different users do this today and both of them only had like 10 posts. All of them were this weird spam crap.

If you see these, report. I've been deleting/banning a lot of these lately.

They are some sort of automated spam. You'll note that their one- or two-line posts are copied from another post early in the thread, usually from the first 10 posts.

passedpawn said:

They are some sort of automated spam. You'll note that their one- or two-line posts are copied from another post early in the thread, usually from the first 10 posts.

Hmmm interesting. I reported one earlier today but I've seen several more after that. I guess I'll get them, too.

Are you saying people are posting needlessly simply to boost their post count? Deplorable.

I reported one last week. New user with 3 posts, all within a minute of each other.
All "seemed" to be pertinent to topic, with crappy grammar.

Pretty insidious/brilliant, automatically snagging stuff from prior posts.

MrNatural said:
I reported one last week. New user with 3 posts, all within a minute of each other.
All "seemed" to be pertinent to topic, with crappy grammar.

Pretty insidious/brilliant, automatically snagging stuff from prior posts.

Yeah but what is the point? Other than to take up space and be kind of annoying? Seems like somebody going through that much effort would at least want something.

Yeah but what is the point? Other than to take up space and be kind of annoying? Seems like somebody going through that much effort would at least want something.

I think they create established members with X posts to appear bona fide. Then, later, in comes the spam links.

I guess. Not certain. It's definitely a game of whack-a-mole lately.

Back