Buffalo Wild Wing commercial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckredbeard

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen Buffalo Wild Wings' commercial depicting homebrewer as idiots?

I saw that last night while watching football. I'm just glad my wife didn't see it. And I think I'll pass on the bratwurst beer.

I wish they would have spent the money on fixing the Wireless instead.

I can't complain. At least they got lots of TVs and Bells and Founders and New Holland near us.

I must say the force is strong with that one! The ability to sniff krausen and determine how long until the beer is ready could come in handy. And here I have been relying on silly things like S.G. readings. What was I thinking?

Ha! I almost typed EXACTLY what you did, but I knew I couldn't spell the actor's name correctly. I mean it would have been exact.

Get your beer the next time you are in clearwater :D

HAHA I was just guessing on the spelling...:tank:

Their restaurants are some of the nastiest I have ever been to.

Overpriced wings and beer, and they smell like open urinals.

When I lived in Las Vegas, I used to go to the one near my house during football season because they would put on the Razorback games for me. Food was alright, but I always had a good time.

Same video could be said of their "chefs"

I had the misfortune of getting some of their boneless wings on time for lunch. They were deep fried to within a inch of their life. Was like gnawing on a old shoe.

The one near me had a perpetual oil slick from the front door all the way to the back. You had to shuffle your feet to avoid slipping. Instead of cleaning they just put up a bunch of "caution wet floor" signs. It was like that every time I went in.

Went there once and ordered some wings. Guess they were in such a hurry to get them to me they forgot to finish plucking the feathers out. Yep, got a plate of wings with feathers still in them. You could hardly tell with all the sauce. Almost threw up. They just laughed about it when I complained. Even wrote a nasty email to corporate and got no response. Haven't been back since.

Not a fan of their establishment or wings, but they have a few good sauces.

I thought the commercial was amusing.

Just remember, even though there are a bunch of people on a website like this that can turn out decent beer, there are countless others out there creating all sorts of mystery brews without any real knowledge or care for the craft that would fit in quite well in that commercial.

sethcros said:
Was that Zach Galifinakis? It was kinda funny...

If Zach galifinakis invited me over to his place for sausage beer, I would not turn him down

marubozo said:
...there are a bunch of people on a website like this that can turn out decent beer, there are countless others out there creating all sorts of mystery brews...

My first thought after reading that was of a recent post regarding a breakfast stout with grits, oatmeal, maple syrup and bacon. I have used other spices in beer (coriander, orange peel, cinnamon) so I guess I am guilty to a degree.

Well, that sucks that BWW is either ignorant or just interested in degrading a harmless hobby in order to sell a few more mediocre wings. Oh well. It's still legal to homebrew in Arizona.

Homebrewing is a legitimate, enjoyable, and underappreciated hobby. I can't believe someone would choose such a noble pastime to be the brunt of obviously misguided jokes. It's an insult to all homebrewers!

Now let me tell you the joke about the Gay animal rights atheist who walked into a synagogue...

Back