1.060 Brochet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kunkemonster

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing my first brochet, I don't have any wine yeast and lots of WLP 001 yeast cake. I've made a JOAM and just did a hopped braggot a few weeks ago. I'm thinking about doing 5 gallons of 8%ish mead that should be drinkable by fall time, do you think it's doable?

Since people are dead to answering this, I will throw my 2 cents in. I think it is very doable. I am doing my first Bochet now and if you keep the ABV below 10% I think it will drink well by fall. The carmalized honey has a strong smell and tast. How it will come out after fermenting is yet to be seen. I say go for it. The Bochet is growing in popularity I think and soon will be everywhere. But that also means that everyone is also just getting into it so join the group and experiment a way.

Yeah I agree. I'm not sure how to answer the yeast question, but I just put my first bochet in the primary 2 weeks ago and it's rockin! My abv will be over double yours which was in part an accident, but either way I'm excited and loved the taste of the caramelized honey!!

Back