Pumpkin Pie Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my most recent label

5469399546_ee5c6eb788.jpg

What do you think?

Is it supposed to say "punpin" or "pumpin"? Punpin sounds a little odd. Other than that, I like the label. Simple and clean. What's with the the iphone scanner at the bottom? Does it actually do anything? If so...how'd you do it?

I might suggest the mouth on the triangle face be more like a jack o'lantern.
i.e. \/\/\/\/\/\/ Just a thought.

Is it supposed to say "punpin" or "pumpin"? Punpin sounds a little odd. Other than that, I like the label. Simple and clean. What's with the the iphone scanner at the bottom? Does it actually do anything? If so...how'd you do it?

The Q code is pretty cool and there was a whole thread in this forum recently about bar codes. If you have an iphone or droid you can get a barcode scanner and scan the code and it will have info that the brewer put in to it. Kinda cool in a beer geek techno geek kinda way. :mug:

QR Code It has the info about the beer encoded into it

Yeah I made it fast this afternoon and misspelled. I'll fix that up.

I was trying to imitate my logo as a jack o' lantern type look

5468804582_f32fa598f8.jpg

So, how does the QR code work though? Are you programming your beers into some sort of online database in order for people to scan it? I like the idea, and I know how they work (I use them all the time on my droid), but I'd like to know more and concider using it on my own bottles. It's a cool idea.

So, how does the QR code work though? Are you programming your beers into some sort of online database in order for people to scan it? I like the idea, and I know how they work (I use them all the time on my droid), but I'd like to know more and concider using it on my own bottles. It's a cool idea.

There is a fair amount of info on that discussed here.

It's kind of a neat, techy/nerdy thing to add to a label. Plus it's something to talk about :mug:

On my beer's it will just pull up info about the beer: Name, date, that kinda stuff. It is also designed to send me a text, i want feed back about my beers. When i have some free time i think I will make a web page with useless information about my brewing. At that point it will direct you to that site.

Muse435,
Are you using a template for these? If so, is it something you made up yourself? What program(s) are you using? They look great. I plan to start putting some of my ideas down on paper, just looking for some direction. Thanks for any help.

I do not have any templates I just sat down and started playing around in photoshop. All of the images were taken by me using my digital camera. Since the images are different I size the label to match the image, not the other way around. The best advise I can give is looking at other's labels and seeing what they did. I am not able to draw or anything so I only use photos in mine. Plus, the way I see it, the labels are just something to do while the beer is getting ready. I don;t care what the outside looks like, especially compared to what the inside tastes like

Check the text on the right side of the label (above the QR code). I believe it should say "that will leave you thirsting for round two"...yes?

Brian

Latest posts

Back