Anyone ever tried this beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvcjbl

Reaction score
I was at Spec's (a huge Costco x 2 sized liquor store in Houston, Texas) and was looking for random beers to try. I hobbled down the local isle and found a rather interesting bottle. I love BIG beers and figured the name/description fit the bill. I just poured my first sniffer full and I have to admit after just 1/2 the glass it is probably one of the best Ales I have ever drank. :mug: Has anyone ever tried this beer?

180338_1546597512449_1460380874_1183107_1166684_n.jpg

Yep, they're just up the road a bit.

Really?? I just happened to find them in Texas. Random that we can get a "no name" (using it super loosely don't get offended) beer from Texas but nothing "bigger named" like Firestone (which is were I am originally from in CA.

Yup, I've had it, funny I can't remember it's profile, any tasting notes to jog my memory?

Really?? I just happened to find them in Texas. Random that we can get a "no name" (using it super loosely don't get offended) beer from Texas but nothing "bigger named" like Firestone (which is were I am originally from in CA.

Hey now, that takes me back. I grew up in Orcutt, CA and Firestone Double Barrel Ale was like a rite of passage for me on my way to the now hundreds of good beers I've had.

Back