Another Nail in the coffin for Mild.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This may mean very little to some of you but it means a lot to me.

I found out that Carlseberg are to stop Making Tetley's Dark Mild.

This will end a Pint that Me, My Dad and My Granddad have drank along with Many others.

The Fizzy Yellow Stuff kills another beer!

Until the 1950s, Mild was the largest selling ale. It retains some popularity in the West Midlands, Wales and North West England, but has been totally ousted by bitter and lager in the South of England. [2] In 2002 only 1.3% of beer sold in pubs was Mild[3]. Mild's popularity in Wales, in particular, persisted as a relatively low-alcohol, sweet drink for coal miners. Outside the United Kingdom, Mild is virtually unknown, with the exception of Old in New South Wales and some microbrewery recreations in North America and Scandinavia.

Crap, I love Tetleys!

This may mean very little to some of you but it means a lot to me.

I found out that Carlseberg are to stop Making Tetley's Dark Mild.

This will end a Pint that Me, My Dad and My Granddad have drank along with Many others.

The Fizzy Yellow Stuff kills another beer!

Aggressive business. Targeting dumb (and I mean this not in an intelectual way) beer drinkers that fall for glitzy advertising, eye level display, and corporate weight. All about the dollar, and nothing about taste and history.

That's a shame. I'm taking a cornie of an Abili Red Mild clone to the Septembeerfest. Lot of women seem to like Milds.

Back