Cascade Hops - Bird Hatchery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Check this out!!! I have what I believe are sparrow chicks nesting in my Cascades!!! :rockin:

Does anybody know what it means when a bird nests in your hops?

The wife's pregnant, so what else could it mean???

2008_Hop_Birds_001.jpg

2008_Hop_Birds_002.jpg

2008_Hop_Birds_004.jpg

your having triplets

I don't think so. 7 ultrasounds in 14 weeks, no-way!! They only can find one. I've asked more than once. SWMBO is high risk.

Maybe I'll get a really good yield this year....

.... I have good sized cones already.

Better yet, SWMBO takes this one to term, all healthy and the little one is ready to be my brewing buddy in the not too distant future.

Schlenkerla, My congrats on the future brew buddy. I have a son who's 2 and he helps me with everything but the hot stuff. Cheers on the birds to, gotta be good ju ju

Grats on your brew buddy, man! You might want to hold off on the brews for him tho ;)

As for the birds, I'd say they're a good sign indeed; and a pretty good defense against insects! Wiki says seeds and small insects. So raise them to be killers!

Extra fertilizer. At least judging from the ground below the barn swallow's nest outside the garage.

sparrow totem stuff... not that i buy it, but it's kinda cool.

Self-Worth
The sparrow is one of the most common birds around,
yet it has flourished when other species have failed.
It reflects self-worth.
If a Sparrow totem has entered your life, ask yourself if you know your own self-worth.
The sparrow will show you that even a common little bird can triumph.

The song sparrow reflects the chakra energy awakening from the heart and throat.
It reminds us to sing out our own song of dignity and self-worth.

During the Middle Ages, the Sparrow was the symbol
of peasants and the lower classes.
In Ancient Britain, the Sparrow was the symbol of friendly household spirits.
To the Greeks, it was the pet of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love.

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/sparrow.htm​

Back