Converting recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WDT

Reaction score
Hi guys, I found a recipe online that I'd like to brew but it is for 6 gallons. My brew pot can handle full boils for 5 gallons no problem, it would be iffy for 6.

My question, should modify the hop schedule? I can do the math for the grain bill.

It's a green flash ipa clone.

I would not modify the schedule but I would modify the hop amount by adding 20% for each addition. Same with the grain bill.

WDT said:
Hi guys, I found a recipe online that I'd like to brew but it is for 6 gallons. My brew pot can handle full boils for 5 gallons no problem, it would be iffy for 6.

My question, should modify the hop schedule? I can do the math for the grain bill.

It's a green flash ipa clone.

Please let me know how this turns out. I love that beer. Where did you find the recipe?

Sayers said:
I would not modify the schedule but I would modify the hop amount by adding 20% for each addition. Same with the grain bill.

Really? I want to decrease the recipe..

MTate37 said:
Please let me know how this turns out. I love that beer. Where did you find the recipe?

I will post it when I figure it out. I found it on the can you brew it podcast. One of my favorite beers as well!

Oops, sorry read it wrong. Was doing some quality control testing on an apa tonight. Then decrease the hop amounts by 16.6%.

Latest posts

Back