Spike Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deranma

Reaction score
I recently purchased a BK from Spike Brewing, which is a vendor here on HBT and the gentleman, Ben, is who I work with. I received my kettle, 15 gal with 2 vertical coupling, and upon first view realized that it was too big of a kettle for what I wanted to do. I wanted some thing that would give me a transition into 10 gal batches, but allow me to continue with 5gal until I was ready. The second coupling wasn't low enough to be in a <7gal batch which is where I was going to put a thermometer. I contacted Ben and talk to him about it and proposed that I test the capacity by filling it and see where the 7 gal mark was. Not even close to it. So I reported that to him and he replaced my 15gal with a 10 gal and everything worked out.

The reason I post this is because these kettles seem to be quality and not only that they are price pretty well and they come with couplings that are welded. Ben is great at doing whatever a customer wants and he worked with me til the end. So if you are looking for some quality kettles that are welded and ready to go take look at Spike Brewing.

Side Note: If you want to do 5 gal batches in the 15 gal kettle, then get the one with horizontal couplings. I didn't do this because I don't see myself moving to 10 gal batches for a long time or at least till I get a kegging setup.

So here is to you, Ben and Spike Brewing :mug:

Another note, I guess Ben has updated his inventory and now offers tri-bottom kettles. I actually ordered the 10 gal single layer kettle. Nice to see he is improving.

Latest posts

Back