New Bugeater Brewery Brew & Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
I haven't really been into naming my brews. Most of my labels and brews have just had the style name as the main name. [See Here]

However, I recently brewed an Amber Ale clone from a popular brewery in Oregon brewery. I went so far as to harvest their proprietary yeast from their bottles as many others here have as well. As I was describing what I was doing to my wife, who knows what ale I was trying to replicate, she off-handedly commented that it was "Only Mostly Dead". Quoting a movie line from Billy Crystal. So while I would have normally just placed the "Amber Ale" label on this one, I couldn't pass up the clever name and I went one step further and tried to approximate the color scheme on the label of the original.

Bugeater_Brewery_Label_Only_Mostly_Dead_Ale_-_Small.jpg

i love football...but when i hear "bugeater" i think motorcycles!

I get the 'do you ride cycle?' alot. I do have a cycle, but I am an amateur at best. The Bugeater name is from Nebraska where I went to school. Before The University of Nebraska Cornhuskers were the Cornhuskers, they were the "Mighty Bugeaters".

I like it. When am I getting a bottle? :D

J/K

I have brewed 10 gallons of this but 5 is going to a friends house. I sampled it for the first time tonight, and I have to admit I have a hard time distinguishing it from actual Dead Guy. I had my wife stop at the liquor store on the way home and pick up a sixer. She doesnt like beer but is a good sport and samples nearly everything I brew. Neither of could really tell a difference. I am quite pleased. This may become a regular, so I would be up for a swap in the future. I am always up for trading homebrews...

Back