Ultra Flow vs. Perlick SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Just curious. I'm ready to pick up two faucets, and from what ive read I like the seal forward design. Now, is the Ultra Flow worth the 10 bucks more over the Perlick SS?

Black or white, white or black. I have heard the Ultra's are worth it and have a set myself. But I have no experience with the others so I can't compare.

I thought white was the new black?

Google 'vent-matic vs perlick' there are some good comparison articles on a couple of the other boards. I'd post the links but I may get my chair revoked...

I've been having this debate recently myself and am going with the ultra-flows after researching it.

I can't speak about the Ultra-Flows, as I have no experience with them, but I can tell you that I love my Perlicks. Hard to believe that anything could be better than these Perlicks, but many people say that the Ultra-Flows are. I'll just have to take their word for it.

John

Baron von BeeGee said:
I went with the Perlicks because they just seemed to have last drama surrounding them. Who am I kidding...I went with them because they were cheaper.

Well I went ahead and went with the Perlicks. Now to wait until next paycheck for the rest of the hardware. Dont want SWMBO freaking out. So far shes being really cool so far with this fridge conversion.

Chimone said:
Well I went ahead and went with the Perlicks. Now to wait until next paycheck for the rest of the hardware. Dont want SWMBO freaking out. So far shes being really cool so far with this fridge conversion.
I was down to my last bits that I needed...a couple of barbed ball-lock quick-disconnects for the liquid side. I ordered from Austin Homebrew and patiently waited for UPS only to find I had received MFL's! Plans delayed! I will say that AHB remedied the situation immediately and sent out the correct parts ASAP via UPS and didn't even ask for the incorrect parts back (granted they're relatively inexpensive, but I still appreciated the service).

So something like this is all I have left to pick up for the faucet installations right?

4897.jpg

I see you have already ordered per above posts but to throw in my 2 cents... I was concerned with Ultra Flow and their ability to provide repair parts in the future since they were having so many problems with their manuafacturing. I ordered Perlic and although I cannot compare them to the Ultra Flow, I am very pleased with the Perlic's. As far as whats left for faucet installation, that piece you pictured is close to the last thing you will need for installing the faucet through the door. One other small item that is usually forgotten is a short piece of PVC pipe to go inside the door of the fridge between the inner and outer wall. When cut to the proper length, this will give you something to tighten down the faucet on without denting the door. Get a PVC with a diameter as small as possible that will slip over the shank threads.

DyerNeedOfBeer said:
One other small item that is usually forgotten is a short piece of PVC pipe to go inside the door of the fridge between the inner and outer wall. When cut to the proper length, this will give you something to tighten down the faucet on without denting the door. Get a PVC with a diameter as small as possible that will slip over the shank threads.

Ahh....that makes sense. Hmm, right on dude thats going to save me some work. I was going to get a piece of sheetmetal and rivet it to the door for a backplate , but your idea sounds quite a bit easier. I took the plastic shelving off the inside of the door, and all there is now is foam insulation.

If you have taken the shelving off, gluing in a piece of 2x4 would provide more stability. Or a piece of 1" plywood if your shanks wont fit through a 2x4.

0.02$

Chairman Cheyco said:
If you have taken the shelving off, gluing in a piece of 2x4 would provide more stability. Or a piece of 1" plywood if your shanks wont fit through a 2x4.

0.02$

goodi dea. but I think im goimn to stick with the sheet metal

Latest posts

Back