Weldless Spigots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickybrew

Reaction score
I was thinking of converting a keg in the near future. I was surfing around the net and found some mention of weld less spigot set up for the mashing process. Considering that that mash process is at a much lower temp, I was wondering if I could use a weld less spigot for my final boiling vessel? The site wasn't very clear on if it would stand up to a 90 minute boil or not.
P.S I am sorry if I am ignorant to any language or lingo I should be using, I fell out of brewing for a while and recently decided to come back. Thanks for any help.

A good quality weldless fitting will hold up to a 90 minute boil. Many folks on here use them without issue.

High temp silicone o-rings are rated for 400-500*F but there are silicone
o-rings with lower ratings McMasters and Carr has if I remember correctly a bag of 50 for $7-8 range

I put a weldless valve on my little brew pot. Using all the resources of my dorm room, it was a pita to get on, but haven't had a problem with it since.

Just did my 15th batch with weldless spigot, thermometer, and site glass without any problems

So long as the mash tun or boil kettle are not run dry on a burner, the O-rings should not be exposed to temperatures higher than 212 F and they are designed to easily withstand that temperature. Normally, the O-rings should be mounted on the inside of the kettle. This provides a better seal and keeps them submerged in liquid.

Latest posts

Back