I can almost taste my first AG batch.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BNVince

Reaction score
SWMBO got me the Coleman 70qt Extreme Cooler for Christmas plus I have received $125 in Home Depot gift cards. Mash on!

I'll be able to get a turkey fryer and the parts I need to convert the cooler in to a MLT. I'm going to try and build an immersion wort chiller as well but we'll see how that goes.

I'm going for EdWort's Haus Pale Ale for the first batch. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

IIRC, the depot had the bayou classic fryer for something like 45 bucks the other day.

Good luck with the build up!

brewt00l said:
IIRC, the depot had the bayou classic fryer for something like 45 bucks the other day.

Good luck with the build up!

Thanks. It was $50 when I checked it last week.

I'm wondering if they carry 30 feet of copper tubing for the immersion chiller though.

I know what you mean. I'm out of town for the holidays; I bottled my first AG (yes, it was a Haus) on the 12th, so it'll be nice and conditioned when I get back on the 6th. And god it was delicious out of the fermenter.

BNVince said:
Thanks. It was $50 when I checked it last week.

I'm wondering if they carry 30 feet of copper tubing for the immersion chiller though.

probably only 25' or 50'

25' is doable for 5 gallons though.

I just got back from Home Depot. What a terrible experience. They didn't have the stainless steel washers I needed and were out of a Barb to Fip adapter I needed. It took the guy working there forever to figure that out. I went to Lowes and found the parts I needed in minutes.

Anyway, both Home Depot and Lowes only sold copper in 10', 20', and then 50' and 60' bunches. To top it off, the 20' bunch of 3/8" soft copper was something like $50! Looks like I'll be getting a premade wort chiller from Austin Home Brew.

I ran into almost the same experience between the depot and lowes when gathering my parts...least you got it all together!

Back