Show us a pic of your favorite homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OtherWhiteMeat

Reaction score
This is a picture of my first brew. This is the most basic of basic, using only liquid extract and it turned out wonderful.

Thanks to walker for hosting my picture.

firstbrew.jpg

This kit came with my beer making kit when i bought it. Its suppose to be a "light american beer" although it doesnt taste like the typical light beer. This uses a can of light lager liquid extract, and some irish moss... thats it. Its pretty good.

I really wanted to see some of your guys' beers.

The canned malt explains the darkness (amber color).

I found early on in my brewing career that canned malts get darker with age (the longer it is in the can the darker it gets). That's why I switched to DME.

Most of the time I use Extra Light or Wheat. Of course, I also have Amber and Light DME.

I used the liquid extract this time, and what normally would be a fairly light amber beer turned out to be dark amber.

I'm off to doing all grain for a while though.

I just read on BYO that doing a partial boil say 1.5 to 2 gallons will also darken the extract.

Waldo said:
I just read on BYO that doing a partial boil say 1.5 to 2 gallons will also darken the extract.
It will over time, as you'll get a carmalizing of the extract. It seems that if you make sure to stir periodically you don't have to worry about this too much.

Looking good, OWM :) What kind of hops you have thrown in there?

I've been known to drink beer at 9:30am... but that's because I started at 11pm the day before and kept going through the night (I love Las Vegas.)

-walker

Walker said:
I've been known to drink beer at 9:30am... but that's because I started at 11pm the day before and kept going through the night (I love Las Vegas.)

-walker

Sometimes I'll get up at 0700 and have a beer just because it's what I want to drink. Other days I'll go for a week without a beer, so I know I'm not an alcoholic. :D :drunk:

Hey, I've been drinking beer at breakfast for a while now. But then, I'm working the night shift. I kind of like a beer or three with eggs and bacon now. :drunk:

Back