• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Used Chugger or March Pumps, Ultra Low Wat Heating Element, and Related Hardware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsap

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just building up a HABS and the parts that seem hardest to find used or reasonably priced are the pumps. If anyone has a few around I'd be interested in taking them off your hands.

That counts for the elements too.

Nsap,

I wouldn't count on finding a used pump for cheap, they're worth what they're worth and the chugger price is already about as low as they go for a 120v. There are some much cheaper 12v and 24v options that will work just fine; a side benefit is that you can power then from a small solar panel if you're interested in that kind of thing...

I have some random left-over TC Ferrules, NPT to TC fittings (you'd screw the electric elements into one of these), and some contactors and probably other random items from my electric build if you're interested in those. -I'm a HUGE fan of brazing or welding in a TC fitting and then connecting and disconnecting the electric elements via TC connectors, myself.

The elements are cheap and readily available --but if you're going to go the TriClamp connector route just be aware that the ripple elements only work with the thinnest thin wall TC ferrules and you'll probably want the fold-back only elements...

Adam

If the OP doesn't need components I would be interested in the contactors and anything else you may have

Nsap,

I wouldn't count on finding a used pump for cheap, they're worth what they're worth and the chugger price is already about as low as they go for a 120v. There are some much cheaper 12v and 24v options that will work just fine; a side benefit is that you can power then from a small solar panel if you're interested in that kind of thing...

I have some random left-over TC Ferrules, NPT to TC fittings (you'd screw the electric elements into one of these), and some contactors and probably other random items from my electric build if you're interested in those. -I'm a HUGE fan of brazing or welding in a TC fitting and then connecting and disconnecting the electric elements via TC connectors, myself.

The elements are cheap and readily available --but if you're going to go the TriClamp connector route just be aware that the ripple elements only work with the thinnest thin wall TC ferrules and you'll probably want the fold-back only elements...

Adam

Hey, sorry if what I'm asking for is dumb. I'm kinda new here :eek: As for the components, how much? I'm hesitant to do the welding as I'm only alright and i'm trying to make this pretty, but I could see it working.

You said there were 12 and 24v options? Can you point me towards some examples? So far everything I've seen recommend runs 120v but 12v DC might actually be preferable .

Oh, also. Depending on the price of the contactors I would probably be interested.

Back