Counter flow plate chilled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warndogg

Reaction score
I am considering buying a 40 plate chilled on Amazon for $109. There is no brand name but it gives model # B3-12A 40 plate chilled w/ half inch female NOT. I am wondering if this is the Dura-Diesel , and or if anyone has both one of these from Amazon? Any info is great.

Do you have a link you could share? I have a 10 plate "economy" chiller and it works like a charm.

Considering the photo shows Dudahx imprinted on it, I'd guess it is a Duda Diesel model or someone went to a lot of trouble to fool you.

Ok thanks samc I didn't catch that in the pic. My next question is... How well do Duda Diesel plate chillers work? I know some other members have posted good results. The reason I'm so hell bent on this one is I have a 100 dollar gift card on Amazon so trying to get the most out of that.

Ok thanks samc I didn't catch that in the pic. My next question is... How well do Duda Diesel plate chillers work? I know some other members have posted good results. The reason I'm so bell bent on this one is I have a 100 dollar gift card on Amazon so trying to get the most out of that.

I got one of the 40 plate chiller from Duda Diesel. That thing is amazing. I have use other type of counterflow chillers and so far this is the best. It took 5.5 gal for wort from +220F down to 63F in less than 4 1/2min (OK for the record, the incoming water was around 45F but I had the valve choked to 1/3 open). I was using my trusty Chillzilla before I got the plate chiller. It did a very good job cooling down the wort but I like the plate chiller form factor. One last fact, I use a hop bag and Bazooka screen in my BK (I heard the plate chiller will not react well to solids and stuff:)!). In addition, I have it set up as a gravity feed. No problems run the wort!

I will strongly recommend it. I got my directly from Duda Diesel. Excellent service and lightning fast shipping. Here is the link just in case (did I mention the price, ~$95)

http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=HX1240

Hope this helps.

Cheers! :tank:

lanvp said:
I got one of the 40 plate chiller from Duda Diesel. That thing is amazing. I have use other type of counterflow chillers and so far this is the best. It took 5.5 gal for wort from +220F down to 63F in less than 4 1/2min (OK for the record, the incoming water was around 45F but I had the valve choked to 1/3 open). I was using my trusty Chillzilla before I got the plate chiller. It did a very good job cooling down the wort but I like the plate chiller form factor. One last fact, I use a hop bag and Bazooka screen in my BK (I heard the plate chiller will not react well to solids and stuff:)!). In addition, I have it set up as a gravity feed. No problems run the wort!

I will strongly recommend it. I got my directly from Duda Diesel. Excellent service and lightning fast shipping. Here is the link just in case (did I mention the price, ~$95)

http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=HX1240

Hope this helps.

Cheers! :tank:

Thanks that really helps me make my mind up on this.

lanvp - I just got my Duda 40 plate chiller and am excited to use it. I was wondering if you had any suggestions on set up as far as parts used and best technique for chilling. Also sanitization/ cleaning tips would be great. Thanks

Back