Beers for christmas 2013!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwturnernc

Reaction score
I'm wanting of brewing a Kate the great clone and a barley wine for my wife's 40th birthday next December. When should I get to work. My understanding they both need a long time to age! When would be the latest I could make these beers?

If its really big, you can start now and let it age the entire year, from what I have read. Or wait till spring and do it then. The big ones can sit a long time. I just brewed a Wee Heavy. I think its gonna take at least that long.

I'm wanting of brewing a Kate the great clone and a barley wine for my wife's 40th birthday next December. When should I get to work?

Last week. Sorry Man, I'm afraid you've run out of time. Just kidding. Anytime between now and the springtime and you'll be just fine. Cheers.

Lol!! I'll have to wait till next year to brew up these beers. Thx for the feedback! These will be two of the biggest beers I have ever done. Glad to know I have time to brew it and age it.

Back