boulevard in KC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefleck

Reaction score
Really disappointed. Wish i wasn't. The stout was lacking any body. The farmhouse was really good but timid for the styl

I brought a keg of my blonde to a friends b-day party tonight, and he had a keg of boulevard wheat; my keg was empty before the Boulevard was half gone. Score one for the good guys.

I agree with most that's been said on this thread so far, however, they do have a Classic American Pilsner that I just tried a few weeks ago. It's a very good beer. The most impressive one of theirs IMO.

Their standard offerings are all pretty decent, but IMO where they shine is the Smokestack Series beers.

IffyG is completely correct. Their smokestack series is fantastic, and its really where they shine the "craft" of craft beer. Their seasonals are good, love the nutcracker ale.

When it comes to Boulevard's products, while they've got a lot of perfectly drinkable beers, and I'll buy them on sale, to paraphrase what Gertrude Stein said of Oakland, "There's not a lot of there there." Given this qualification, I like the Single Wide IPA and the Bully Porter best, I suppose, so I don't fall into liking either the hopped or non-hopped varieties. Trying Boss Tom's Golden Bock this weekend. Stuff is on sale around here for a buck a bottle, which is damn good.

Interesting, I have about the opposite opinion of them.

I feel the same. I dig their Pale Ale and Wheat for nice easy drinking beers. Those two are probably my equivalent to most peoples bud light (in use) as in they are great when on the lake or mowing the lawn. Tasty, refreshing, non exceptional in a good way.

I grew up drinking the Boulevard Wheat. It was a staple in the Midwest.
I've always enjoyed it as a light drinking summer beer.

I actually just kegged my first clone attempt at Boulevard Wheat. It's different in that it's a very light american wheat with a very low SRM (3.7) with just a slight haze.

So far, so good. Color is a little darker sitting at at 4 SRM, aroma, ABV, and the slight cloudiness are all on track. 3 more days carbonating before I can make the final judgement.

Houston-20110514-000502.jpg

The farmhouse is one of their smokehouse ales. Very enjoyable but tastes like is was fermented a bit cold and missed out on what favors the yeast could have contributed.

I was visiting the KC area last summer and had their wheat and thought it was pretty tasty. I'm going there next month and am looking forward to trying their other offerings.

Back