I am a fetus amongst old know it all brewers (CA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyWeasel

Reaction score
my name is eric and I just started making beer with out kits .... I still use malt extract... sorry all grain freaks, I'll try to make an all grain beer soon though. Im an ale guy... I don't really like pilsners and lagers too much. I love hoppy I.P.A's.... Lagunitas hop stoopid is one of my faves. I have only made three batches of beer so far.. a chocolate stout, a Fennel bitter, and a I.P.A .... just got a profile so I could come on here and get some brew knowledge dropped on me:mug:

My advice is to jump right in like I did.

My first beer was an all grain BIAB amber ale. I haven't looked back.

You like hoppy ale like me. :mug: I have made hundreds of 12 gallon batches and my neighbors love me. I have to say that not one of them will brew any beer though. It's much better and cheaper to go all grain. I would not go back to bottles either. Kegging is much easier.

WBC

So I had my I.P.A sitting in primary for 2 weeks in a 6 gallon glass carboy and then I switched it to a 5 gallon carboy. I lost so much liquid siphoning it... there was so much hop sediment towards the bottom. I am going to dry hop with cascades as soon as fed ex gets here... Just want to know if all that empty head space is bad for the time being??? http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/weaselman311/carboy.jpg?t=1290533828

You like hoppy ale like me. :mug: I have made hundreds of 12 gallon batches and my neighbors love me. I have to say that not one of them will brew any beer though. It's much better and cheaper to go all grain. I would not go back to bottles either. Kegging is much easier.

WBC
Kegging would be great.. I'm too poor right now to buy all that stuff.. so for now I bottle. All those malt extracts are too much money.. I'm for sure gunna go all grain at some point

Latest posts

Back