Left Hand Warrior IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MileHighBrewer

Reaction score
If you can find this, BUY IT! And drink it fast :D

Fresh Hop IPA made with all Colorado grown hops. This beer had great aroma, and the first taste is just a citrus/flower hop explosion. Great mouth feel too. From start to finish we really enjoyed this beer. Its a very limited small batch, only brewed once per year but its available in bombers currently. For the local guys, I picked it up at Boss Liquors in Thornton, but I haven't checked any of the big stores (daveco and total) to see if they have it.

I might try to work out a clone for this one in anticipation of next years hop harvest. Its just THAT good

Oh man, I hope the Total Wines in AZ stock this. I'm always looking for a good IPA and the great state of Colorado hasn't let me down yet (I'm thinking O'Dell IPA and Great Divide Titan IPA).

Thanks for the heads up! This one's on the list.

US Caramel 60L - 1.75 LB
US 2 Row Malt - 1.25 LB
Flaked Wheat - .5 LB
Liquid Gold Extract - 6 LB
Liquid Light Extract - 3.15 LB

US Columbus - .75 oz (60 Min)
US Nugget - .75 oz (45 Min)
US Cascade - .25 oz (15 Min)
US Cascade - 1 oz (5 Min)
(The Columbus & Nugget Hops replace the Warrior Hops since the places around me don't carry them)

Wyeast 1187 Ringwood Ale x 2

The stats are:
14.4 SRM
69 IBU
7.9% ABV

Here is also a link to another partial mash recipe that someone came up with

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/warrior-ipa-partial-mash-165976/

USMC thanks for putting that up!

Hope you guys have had some luck finding it! I actually only have found it at 1 place locally, neither of the huge stores I go to have any in stock, don't even see a price tag for them in the bomber sections.

Can't wait until this weekend! I'll be at the brewery enjoying all of the wonderful Left Hand goodness!

Not to rain on the rain on the parade here but I just sampled this Yesterday and was terribly disappointed. For a once a year IPA brew with fresh hops I think this falls way short with hop aroma, flavor, and finish.

Ranger that's a shame! Maybe your bottle was from early shipments :( I noticed with my own dry hopped beers that the flavor backs off rather quickly.. within a month of the 1st bottle we tried there was noticeably less aroma and taste.

Back