Eggnog Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grain bill looks good. However with a projected final gravity of 1.031 it's gonna be sweet. Might want to cut the maltose in half or toss it totally, try to bring it down toward 1.025 would be my goal. If you do that might be a good idea to bring the OG down to 1.090 range. Just thoughts.

I'd simplify the hop schedule to a single 60 min addition. I like your bill, but any noble hop subtlety is gonna be lost in this monstrous spiced brew.

I'm no expert on the spicing end, but would add the boil spices at 2-5 minutes. 10 oz of rum is going to be overpowering. I'd look at more like half that, 3/4 if you wanna push it.

Overall looks good, just tweak a bit.

Thank you. Its pretty much a bigger version of my vanilla cream ale recipe. I use a whole
Lb in that one and it comes out perfect so i thought I'd do the same. Of course the vanilla cream ale doesn't have an FG of 1.03 lol. I'll definitely cut back on it and lower the rum. Ty again

Sounds interesting, wish I knew more to give you some advice. Let me know how it turns out. May have to try next year.

Back