The Best Beer in America

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stared at it for like 4 minutes, and I'm not even sure, is this image comedy or drama or irony or what? :)

For the "Top American Beers" chart:

Alaskan Smoked Porter rated at the #1 beer - seriously?

Odouls Amber (nonalcholic) as #5 with Old Milwaukee Light #6 -?????

Who rated these based on what criteria? :confused::confused::confused:

This loses all credibility when it calls Old Milwaukee Light the 6th best beer in America and says that Anheuser-Busch is the top brewery in America. I don't care what judges say, those are not the best beers in America

Who rated these based on what criteria?

Medals at GABF. So, if your local brewery chooses not to enter, you cannot have the best beer in the country. Sorry.

This loses all credibility when it calls Old Milwaukee Light the 6th best beer in America and says that Anheuser-Busch is the top brewery in America. I don't care what judges say, those are not the best beers in America

They are the best beers in their categories.

Alaskan Smoked Porter rated at the #1 beer - seriously?

Have you ever had one? Seriously? Thats actually not a difficult argument to make. I'm sure if you quizzed a number of certified beer dweebs quite a few would list Alaskan.

Who rated these based on what criteria?

Judges, based on guidelines (non-hedonistic).

If you want to see the best beer in America based on hype, check out Beer Advocate. Pliny The Younger recently became more hyped than Westvleteren 12!

I did say the best beer in American...

Alright:

1. PTY
2. Abyss

or something like that

I've never had the Westvleteren, but sometimes wonder if it's only a very good beer and what gives it that mystique is that it's not easy to get. I think Pliny the Younger is sort of a similar thing. I tried it at a beer festival a few weeks back. It was good, but people were wakling around like it was the second coming.

"Oh, you have to try Pliny the Younger."

"Did you try Pliny the Younger?"

"Is there any more Pliny the Younger?"

No, it's gone people, okay, now...SHUT...UP!

That chart is BS!!!! Pabst Blue Ribbon is the best beer in America! That is why it has the blue ribbon, duh!!!

I've never had the Westvleteren, but sometimes wonder if it's only a very good beer and what gives it that mystique is that it's not easy to get. I think Pliny the Younger is sort of a similar thing. I tried it at a beer festival a few weeks back. It was good, but people were wakling around like it was the second coming.

"Oh, you have to try Pliny the Younger."

"Did you try Pliny the Younger?"

"Is there any more Pliny the Younger?"

No, it's gone people, okay, now...SHUT...UP!

I like Rochefort better than Westvleteren, but Westvleteren is very good if you like those sort of beers.

I'll take a Pliny the Younger over a Dark Lord any day. I find the latter overly sweet but I am led to believe this is a recent phenomenon.

Back