Those of you familiar with the stc-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
All of a sudden my keezer just started kicking on while the heat is active. There is nothing hooked up to the heat terminals! Has it failed somehow?

ForumRunner_20130227_173242.jpg

Kinda dirty there huh...maybe it's in a sorta rough environment and something has broken inside, as you said. Some line got crossed inside it or something...

Or that stray wire there has something to do with it hehe

Did you break the brass tab to physically separate the two outlets into heat and cool?

It's hardwired into the freezer. No tab to break.

Kinda dirty there huh...maybe it's in a sorta rough environment and something has broken inside, as you said. Some line got crossed inside it or something...

Or that stray wire there has something to do with it hehe

That's just some over spray from when I painted. The stray wire is hooked up to nothing. It has worked correctly for a few months. Just walked by it today and noticed the temp was way down and the heat light was on.

You might disconnect it and put a meter across each relay to see if one of them shorted. Test between 5 & 6 for a short, and between 7 & 8 for a short.

Am I seeing 2 wires going into 1 terminal?

Left side looks like Blk/Wht and the right looks like Wht/Wht.

If you'd like i can post pictures of how I hardwired my keezer to the controller.

Am I seeing 2 wires going into 1 terminal?

Left side looks like Blk/Wht and the right looks like Wht/Wht.

If you'd like i can post pictures of how I hardwired my keezer to the controller.

It's wired correctly. There is a compter fan wired in there too. It looks like a mess but it's right.

I grabbed an old analog Johnson controller yesterday and was using that until I figured out what's up. I unplugged it from the Johnson and back into the wall and now it's working properly. I wonder if some moisture got in the controller and made things go haywire. Might I need to build an insulated box around it?

It's wired correctly. There is a compter fan wired in there too. It looks like a mess but it's right.

I grabbed an old analog Johnson controller yesterday and was using that until I figured out what's up. I unplugged it from the Johnson and back into the wall and now it's working properly. I wonder if some moisture got in the controller and made things go haywire. Might I need to build an insulated box around it?

Is the box actually in the keezer?

If it is you could try putting in some of those beads that suck the moisture out of the air and see if that reduces moisture in the keezer altogether. Works pretty good in mine.

Is the box actually in the keezer?

If it is you could try putting in some of those beads that suck the moisture out of the air and see if that reduces moisture in the keezer altogether. Works pretty good in mine.

Yes. The picture is showing the backside of the collar. I think my next step is some sort of dehumidifying device. Link to what you're using?

I must be getting blind, I can't see the sensor wire in port #3+4...?

MC

If you zoom in real close you're old eyes will see it. :D

Latest posts

Back