• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NorCal Soda Company Selling "hundreds" of Corny Kegs on CL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not my ad. I saw it on CL this morning and thought I'd pass it along:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/for/2930555241.html

He does not provide an email, only a phone number. I called and left a message to get more info. Not sure he'll ship... maybe local pickup only.

You won't be able to afford them after shipping. $35 and $45 already. Probably $50 to ship 4 of them.

Yeah, I live in Northern Calif. and have seen this add before. I left a voicemail, once, and never got a call back. He want's $10 more for ball-lock! I ended up getting a reconditioned, clean, ball-lock corny for $49 + 5 dollars shipping.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/5-GALLON-USED-CORNELIUS-BALL-LOCK-KEG-P3010C109.aspx

Keep in mind that I'm only 20 miles from William's Brewing. Their shipping rate averages $6 no matter if it is a keg or 1 oz. of hops. I bet it would be close to the same shipping rate for you to Pleasent Hill.

Anyway, this buy was totally worth it. The keg arrived better than pictured, seals good and keg clean.

I've bought a few kegs, in the past, from craigslist folks (averaging $40) and the quality is hit and miss.

Good Luck!

I haven't bought any yet but I always see them listed from most LHBS and on brewing supply websites listed for $35 to $45 cleaned with new seals and pressure tested. So for a dirty untested corny with old seals that might be a little high especially with shipping sight unseen. Might be ok if you can go pick a few and do it yourself.

Back