Frigidaire 9 cu. ft. chest freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpatrol

Reaction score
Anyone buy this from Lowes? I went there and priced it at $298. The 15 cu. ft. was just a bit too big for the space the wife is letting me have in the garage. lol. I will only be using it for 2 maybe 3 kegs at most once I start kegging but wanted the extra space to sore cases of bottled beer. I'd also like to use it as my fermentation chamber for now until I start kegging. Seemed like it had plenty of room for what I need as the 7.2 just looked too small. I already have a new Ranco 2 stage controller and fermwrap to regulate temps. Any thoughts?

Check Craigslist as well in your area. You're bound to find awesome deals on there. Instead of buying a brand new freezer from Home Depot for over $250, I decided to buy a used freezer. Picked it up for $50. That saved me enough money that I was able to buy a 2-keg system from Midwest and I was still under my original budget for just the freezer alone.

I think that the wifey would allow you to get a bigger freezer if you can prove to her that you're actually saving both of you money by buying a larger, used freezer! Just wanted to let you know though, after you get into kegging, you'll want to brew more and more beer. It's amazing how quickly the stuff goes when you can just go to your freezer and pour a perfect pint anytime you want to.

I have two of these. One is a fermentation chamber and holds two carboys easily. The other is my just-finished keezer. It holds four kegs with room for a 10 lb CO2 tank. I only have two taps but could easily add more.

I paid about $250 each, as I recall. At Lowe's BTW.

I agree with cl. I got a 13cu for $100. Watch cl for a few weeks you will probably be able to find some thing that works for you real cheap.

Thanks for the responses. Money doesn't matter to me when it comes to my beer. If my wife can buy $400-500 purses every month I can splurge on something for my beer. At least I keep telling myself I can. I'll post later after I ask her. lol.

I just went with the Frigidaire 15 CUFT from Lowe's for $323.19 just a few buck more and twice the space, tell your wife to get ride of a few of those purses to make room in the garage for a larger unit....I would trade my wife in if she bought a $400+ anything!!!! Good luck

Anyone buy this from Lowes? I went there and priced it at $298. The 15 cu. ft. was just a bit too big for the space the wife is letting me have in the garage. lol. I will only be using it for 2 maybe 3 kegs at most once I start kegging but wanted the extra space to sore cases of bottled beer. I'd also like to use it as my fermentation chamber for now until I start kegging. Seemed like it had plenty of room for what I need as the 7.2 just looked too small. I already have a new Ranco 2 stage controller and fermwrap to regulate temps. Any thoughts?

Brewpatrol, do yourself a favor and get the 9 cu. ft. from Lowes for $268 which is what I just did this past week. I bought new because I want to get this project done ASAP and did not want to wait for a Craigslist post which can take months to find the right deal. I also wanted it brand new in appearance, not beat up and filthy like most of the used ones I've seen. Finally, I wanted a warranty and the satisfaction of knowing that this relatively inexpensive Frigidaire model will/should last me for years to come (and keep many many homebrews cold) :mug:

Back