Smuttynose has arrived in the ATL!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
just picked up a sixer of the Robust Porter...

-- ala` Samuel L. 'Muthaf**kin' Jackson voice from Pulp Fiction---

"Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty porter. Vincent, ever have a Smuttynose Robust Porter?"

If this is old news, please disregard and tell me I am a dimwitted bag of vinegar and water....

:mug:

Being from Maine I get the opportunity to get Smuttynose brews regularly. IMHO they rank even with Stone beers but not so over the top. Their Shoals pale ale is better than Sierra Nevada. They produce a IIPA called Big A IPA which may very well be my favorite beer. The only one I cannot stand to drink is their pumpkin ale but it does make one hell of a braised beef.

Their IPA is absolutely wonderful! Not too sweet, not too dry, nice amarillo hops (if my palate is correct). Just lovely!

I am a big fan of Smuttynose. Their IPA might be one of my favorites. I used to enjoy buying a mixed 12 pack when I was visiting the MIL in NH. I would always buy a bunch to bring back with me. I guess I can enjoy them year round here now.

The Brown is probably my favorite commercial American Brown (I think mine is better) and the Winter seasonal was quite good too.

This thread reminded my me to post my pictures from the tour I took last August. When we were there the person giving the tour mentioned that the owners had just made a trip down to Savannah to meet with a distributor, I guess the meeting went well. Here are the pictures.

In which booze store did you find smuttynose? Was it Bullock's over near your place?

Back