searching for Dinkel-Acker clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is an excellent German Pilsner, and I want to produce something like it for my first lager attempt.

Before I search the bowels of the internet for an alleged D-A clone, I wanted to check with the good folks here to see if anyone has a recipe that they have alread tried or comes from a reputable source.

-walker

Don't have a clone recipe but thanks for the memory refresh... haven't had it in years. I remember it being pretty good.

Nate said:
Don't have a clone recipe but thanks for the memory refresh... haven't had it in years. I remember it being pretty good.

Yeah, I had not had it for many years until a couple of weeks ago. A friend keeps one bottle from every six pack he buys and gives it to me, and one of those he recently gave me was a DA. I had forgotten about it after I moved back to the US from Germany.

I downed the bottle pretty quickly and decided that I wanted to brew my own. I had been trying to decide what to do for my first lager, and drinking that DA solved that problem.

-walker

I still have one of those little gallon (?) Dinkel-Acker barrels that came with a little tap. Unfortunately, it was emptied when I bought it. :)

I have been looking for a recipe myself, I've done alot of searches and came up with nothing. If you have any better luck please post it. I always loved this beer, even though it can get really skunky.

2nd Street Brewery said:
HB if you want to volunteer to translate I'd thank you for it. I don't read German though, even if my last name is Schroder.:D
I don't mind translating it, but you really don't need my translation skills. Go to Altavista and look for Babel Fish. You can cut and paste the web site into a word doc then cut and paste each paragraph into Babelfish, translate it and cut and paste it back into the word doc before/after the paragraph translated...just a hint/tip.:D

OK. Here's the translation using Altavista, but I need to tell you that I edited it (a lot)!

Variety is our strongpoint.

Whoever wants to enjoy true workmanship does not have to commit oneself to one style (of beer)! Every beer friend (beer lover) can find a Dinkelacker for his taste... mild, to harsh or spicy. Our quality is exact because all Dinkelacker beers are brewed strictly to the German Purity Requirement of 1516.

Dinkelacker Goldhaelsle is the mild, strong character beer from the house of Dinkelacker.
You can find yourself connecting with the familiarity of fine spices and tradition with modern brewing trends. (Paraphrasing naturally)

Dinkelacker Silberhaelsle: The small CD Pils with a big name! Fresh herbs with a fine hop note - with the typical silver neck decoration again.

Dinkelacker Maerzen: An unmistakable spicy, (sueffiges? - I'm not sure of this word - anyone out there can help/translate?) March beer. Full-bodied flavor with a golden-yellow color. This beer (recipe) tastes like it did in the old days.

Dinkelacker Privat: A high-quality, fine-spicy full beer. (Sueffig) and soft spicy flavor, with mild hop-bitterness with a malt note. Brewed to the traditional recipe.

Dinkelacker CD Pils: A noble-harsh, bottom-fermented Pils with clean hop note. Harsh-freshly and purely - brewed to the proven (harmoniously co-ordinated - so they say) Dinkelacker Pils recipe. Our Pils Classic is for the true beer connoisseur.

Dinkelacker Radler: The sparkling fresh summer pleasure. Pure refreshment already mixed. A mixed beverage out of 50% beer and 50% lemonade.

I did not care to translate the remaining paragraphs as they are sacrilegious in my brewing world:

Dinkelacker Alkoholfrei Ein harsh-fresh, slim beer, which offers well cooled an easy benefit. A aufwaendig brewed speciality, which tastes and gets. The minimum remainder alcohol corresponds from e.g. grape juice.

Dinkelacker Diet Pilsener for persons with diabetes (only after consultation with their doctor). To the special nutrition with diabetes mellitus in the context of a Diaetplanes. Usably in 100 ml: 0,5g of coal hydrates, 0,5g protein, 0g fat. Physiological calorific value in 100 ml: 134 kJ (32 kcal). 2,0l correspond to 1.

homebrewer_99 said:
Dinkelacker Maerzen: An unmistakable spicy, (sueffiges? - I'm not sure of this word - anyone out there can help/translate?) March beer.

The root word is "sueffig". If I am correct, I believe that means basically "quafable".

-walker

homebrewer_99 said:
Not sure myself, so I'll concede to you on this one...even though I believe it's spelled with 2 "f".s;)

I checked my dictionary to be sure. It means "drinkable".

homebrewer_99 said:
(My German vocabulary is only about 7000 words...)
I have absolutely no idea what mine is, but I think I know all the words related to beer. :D

Latest posts

Back