Bayou Classic 44 Qt SS Stockpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are 20 gauge SS which is ~0.9mm thick as opposed to the 1.2mm thick megapots. That is a pretty sizable quality difference. That being said I am sure the Bayou would work just fine.

Side note: 11 gallons is too small for a full volume 10g boil IMHO.

Side side note: a have seen some very nice pots for excellent deals at outlet stores like Marshalls, etc.

I too have a 62 qt Bayou Classic and I'd say it's just big enough to comfortably boil 10G batches considering boil-off, the immersion chiller and trub loss. I bought mine in December and most places I checked were out of stock. I ended up getting it from weliveoutside.com. When I ordered it they sold it without the steamer insert, but they only list it with the insert now.

wow up until now i had no idea that a brew kettle would be so expensive....my buddy "inherited" a keg that is no longer used and i'm thinking about doing a keggle conversion.

i have two keggles but I find them incredibly frustrating because all the steam bottlenecks and you can't see the boil.
I currently have an 8 gallon SS kettle but I usually end up with only an inch or two of head room during the boil. I though a 10 gallon would be nice. Maybe I'm just over-thinking this. What say you all?

Jason

instereo13 said:
i have two keggles but I find them incredibly frustrating because all the steam bottlenecks and you can't see the boil.
I currently have an 8 gallon SS kettle but I usually end up with only an inch or two of head room during the boil. I though a 10 gallon would be nice. Maybe I'm just over-thinking this. What say you all?

Jason

Cut the kegs open more. :D

I have the SS 44qt pot from Bayou Classic and am quite happy with it. It came as part of a turkey fryer kit from Costco. The whole kit was $39. You might want to see if they hit the CostCo shelves in the spring.

I've got the 82 Quart SS Bayou Classic pot. It seems fine to me; the walls are definitely not the thickest I've seen, but it's weldless and has held up fine for me.

Latest posts

Back