Woodland Hills homebrew shop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopOnHops

Reaction score
I went to the lhbs in woodland hills, right off the 101. Great shop with low low prices. I built my kit for a pale ale and proceeded to mill the grains. Thats where it got a little sketchy. A good majority of the grains looked like they didnt get milled. I saw the sign not saying to double mill the grains and brewed with it anyways. My recipe which was supposed to have a preboil around 1.048 came out around 1.033.

Has anyone else had a similar experience at that lhbs? This is my 4th batch in 2 months and all the others ive made were right on the money. All I did was cheat on the culver city shop and now I regret it

That's my local shop and I've never had that problem except for a week or so ago, the mill is starting to give out. They're aware of it and waiting for a new one.

The shop is also the home base for the Maltose Falcons.

I went to the lhbs in woodland hills, right off the 101. Great shop with low low prices. I built my kit for a pale ale and proceeded to mill the grains. Thats where it got a little sketchy. A good majority of the grains looked like they didnt get milled. I saw the sign not saying to double mill the grains and brewed with it anyways. My recipe which was supposed to have a preboil around 1.048 came out around 1.033.

Has anyone else had a similar experience at that lhbs? This is my 4th batch in 2 months and all the others ive made were right on the money. All I did was cheat on the culver city shop and now I regret it

Most LHBS will replace the batch if they grain wasn't up to quality. Just go back an tell them... I go to SoCal Homebrew supply in La Verne CA. Don't mean to hijack but, I am starting a Homebrew Club and he letting us hold the first meeting there. if you want to come its on 6/29/2013 @ 4pm. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f189/few-who-brew-homebrew-club-415968/

Back