Boomchugalug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNwkjr

Reaction score
Searched the forum for this company and couldn't really find anything. Wondering if anyone has dealt with them before or made any of their kits.

1st time poster, long time lurker. And just want to say thanks as I have learned quite a bit about brewing from a lot of you.

They are Jasper's homebrew and wine making. Located in Nashua NH. They are great, I go in for all my brewing needs! Very highly recommended with very fresh products!

Awesome, I was eye balling that one for minute the other day.

You have excellent timing. I just saw some of their kits on Amazon and was considering a purchase.

Jasper's is my LHBS. While I don't get kits from them, they do have a nice selection of Wyeast as well as Lalvin on hand. Haven't needed to check out their hops selection due to my own supply being in solid shape. :D

I know that they use gas to push their LME out of barrels (not sure if it's CO2 or nitrogen) which they have to change out at least twice a week (they push a lot of it).

Jeff, the owner, is a really good guy too. He's been home brewing for more than a few years (20+ I believe). He also makes wine and has good advice on going about that too. I'm looking to get a wine ingredients kit/box from him shortly. He's got the good ones (from what I've read to look for).

IMO, if you're anywhere near Nashua, NH, it's really worth going in to check it out. Parking isn't the best, but that's not his fault. He's also more than willing to special order things for customers. Especially if you're willing to wait until he places his next order with the distributors (saves on shipping for everyone). I usually don't need things that fast, so I've not had any issues with him there.

Only thing I can ding him on is the web site doesn't list what he has in the store for things other than the ingredient kits. I feel that if it did, he'd do even more business. :D

This is also my LHBS. They are great guys in there. I have brewed about 10 kits from them in the last year. All have turned out good. Jeff is very helpful. I would definately give them a shot.

Tough to reccomend. I guess it depends what you like. I currently have "The Little Steam Engine Dark Mild Ale" in my fermenter.

I brewed the Whack-a-Mole summer red ale this past summer. It turned out pretty good. The batch that has given me the most compliemnts is the nut brown ale.

Thinking of trying the zombie double blood red ale or a stout from them after I get a couple others I have out of the way.

Hello sir - welcome aboard (from a fellow newcomer.)

Jasper's / Boomchugalug is a great shop and they are even better guys. Total straight shooters. They are one of my two #1 LHBSs. ;)

My first kit was a stout (Fumblefoot Stout) extract kit from them - really well packaged and the instructions were great. I'd send my mom to shop there if she homebrewed.

Anyone tried their Dogfish Head clones? They offer a clone of both the 60 and 90 minute IPAs.

I have high hopes on the breakfast stout and look to try another shortly. Wish I was a coast closer to go check the place out.

Brand new brewer, my wife ordered a brew kit and jaspers flame vanilla stout extract kit. I well say this the wert smelled amazing and it is currently in the primary at 3 days, I am spending a lot of time watching the bubbler. Its like a new kind of hell that I never new existed.
Hey that's my first post. :)

Hope it turns out well for you, just remember be patient. Easier said than done. Cheers

Jasper's has been my go to place as well. so far i have done 10-20 kits from him and haven't had one that disappoints yet. reasonable prices and quality ingredients. jeff is VERY helpful. they can get quite busy at times but if you can get in at a slower point pick his brain. A+++ from me

Jaspers is the only supplier I've used I've brewed 8 kits from them and all have turned out great!! I love their Stars and Stripes IPA!!

I'll be brewing my 4th kit from them (5th overall) soon and so far I'm very happy. Jeff is super helpful any time I have any questions. Thankfully they have multiple yeasts available, as I do not like they Safale s04 (apparently I'm the only one I know who thinks it has an unpleasant aftertaste). Jasper's get 2 thumbs up!

Peter

I have ordered 3 kits from them so far. The last one is going in the bottles tomorrow. Their shipping is quick and they have a flat rate they do to an APO ($7.99 a beer kit...much cheaper than Midwest for me).

I will be using them more in the future.

Jaspers moved a few months ago; still in Nashua, just in a *much* bigger area.

Parking is a breeze, and Jeff, as always, is uber-helpful!

Latest posts

Back