Chocolate question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRob90

Reaction score
I plan on attempting a Mocha Stout sometime in the near future and a Peppermint Chocolate Stout for around Christmas and was wondering which would you suggest; adding unsweetened bakers chocolate or adding cocoa powder to the end of the boil? I've heard these are both good ways to get that chocolate flavor but I'm curious if one is better than the other?

Thanks!

I don't have a definitive answer to your question. I can tell you that I have an AHS kit in primary now that I added cocoa to the end of the boil. Give me a few weeks and I will let you know how it turned out.

I don't have a definitive answer to your question. I can tell you that I have an AHS kit in primary now that I added cocoa to the end of the boil. Give me a few weeks and I will let you know how it turned out.

Sounds good, I did a NB Chocolate milk stout kit and it turned out good, but could use more chocolate. 2 weeks on coco nibs did bring in some flavor but I'd like more of that chocolate to come through.

Back