My craphole basement turned man cave/brewing area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangleFoot

Reaction score
This old house was my grandparents.
Basement was never finished except for a small area of concrete.
The rest was dirt, cobwebs, old junk from the past.
Started making wine down here several years ago, then one day decided it really needed to be cleaned up.
Maybe I got carried away but we really enjoy it now.

Welcome to TangleFoot Tavern and brewery.

Not sure how to post pics and a discription of each(give me a break...I'm old) so I will just post pic's in somewhat of an order.
I wanted a cabin/lodge type theme, so this is what I came up with.

I guess I can only post 5 pic's per post so will show the change in the next posts.

P5220001 (640x480).jpg

P5220002 (640x480).jpg

P5220003 (640x480).jpg

P5220004 (640x480).jpg

P5220005 (640x480).jpg

That CAN'T be the same place! Wow, that was a remarkable makeover.

Nice work. The before pics look like Buffalo Bill's (from Silence of the Lambs). But the after are amazing! Very jealous.

added a gun safe ( for all of my little friends)

Check out my gallery for more pics.

And thanks for the comments guy's, and I do spend most of my free time down here now. And to think I used to hate to even come down here.

Just hope this inspires someone with a craphole to make it into something they can really enjoy.

Here are some signs I had made for my Tavern.

TangleFoot-out

PC180018.JPG

PC180024.JPG

PC180022.JPG

bravo...you should turn it into a man style bed and bar inn (instead of a bed and breakfast) and rent the place out!

God, I'm gonna see if I can talk SWMBO into vacationing in KS next summer. . .

If I had a man cave that nice the world would never see me again. I would order all my grain in and just hang out in the cave and make beer while watching the tube or surfing the net. Absolutely beautifull transformation of a crap hole to a honey hole. Does SWMBO come visit often? Get her too stay down there with you and help brew and you got it licked. "Who cares if WW III is going on outside, were havin too much fun down here" Thanks for the pic man.
Bob.

Wow that went from creepy serial killer's cellar to bitchin' beer basement! Kudos.

Excellent job! I am curious- the original pics showed a lot of moisture in the dirt floor. Did you have to do anything special to alleviate that?

well, it was always wet done here after rains but I added dirt around my foundation and this really helped. I need some new gutters yet and I will have it all solved.
A dehumidifier has helped also.

And Thanks for all the comments guy's.

AND...If anyone wants to come visit in June, I always need help cutting and haulin' wheat:D
.....but no adoptions..........sorry

P6150004.JPG

P6150003.JPG

Watch out man - you're headed straight for the guard rail in that second picture! :D

Great job on the basement - and with a bed down there, you don't even have to leave to crash! Tanglefoot Bed and Bar indeed!

Wow, that's an incredible build. Very well done! I look at your pics, then look over the top of the laptop at my basement brewery build and I feel like I've stood next to John Holmes at the urinal.

Thou shalt not covet another mans cave.

I wish I could not covet. I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet, I will not covet.

I wish I had a basement.

Wow, that's an incredible build. Very well done! I look at your pics, then look over the top of the laptop at my basement brewery build and I feel like I've stood next to John Holmes at the urinal.

Dude......Isn't yours the hidden man cave.....that will be the most awlsome build on here when you get it done.
keep at it.
later-TangleFoot-out

If I had a man cave that nice the world would never see me again. I would order all my grain in and just hang out in the cave and make beer while watching the tube or surfing the net. Absolutely beautifull transformation of a crap hole to a honey hole. Does SWMBO come visit often? Get her too stay down there with you and help brew and you got it licked. "Who cares if WW III is going on outside, were havin too much fun down here" Thanks for the pic man.
Bob.

Thanks man.......and I do about live down here....and I do order my grains and supplies in....and I do surf the net/watch the tube/or just crank up the country music while I brew.....and yes I do get the SWMBO to come visit sometimes....and yes I am ready for WW!!!...gun safe full right by a full kegerator:mug:

Later....TangleFoot-out

Good lord! That's awesome! I moved into a new house coming up on 2 years ago and have a blank slate in the basement. I consider myself lucky, but I hope it can end up being that nice.

Do you have any more pics of the actually build process? I would like to do something kinda sorta like that but not nearly as lavish. Job well done sir!

Do you have any more pics of the actually build process? I would like to do something kinda sorta like that but not nearly as lavish. Job well done sir!

I have a few,
I started by getting it dried out first then put down paver sand then used patio paver's for my floor.
Then started the wall construction.
These wall pic's are where I have my kegerator and gun safe in previous pic's.

P7110001 (640x480).jpg

P7110003 (640x480).jpg

P7180005 (640x480).jpg

P7180006 (640x480).jpg

P7180003 (640x480).jpg

Back