Nation States

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do now!

The Free Land of Benator is a tiny, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.

The small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Furniture Restoration, Book Publishing, and Information Technology industries.

Crime is pervasive. Benator's national animal is the dolphin and its currency is the yaro.

I use to a long time ago. I just started a new one:

The Republic of Amarillo Gold is a tiny, pleasant nation, notable for its compulsory military service(?!). Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 15%. A large private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Information Technology and Pizza Delivery.

Crime is a problem. Amarillo Gold's national animal is the rhizome and its currency is the hop pellet.

The Republic of Drinkhomebrewica is a tiny, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy frequent elections, which are uniformly corrupted by big-spending corporations buying politicians who best suit their interests.

The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government, or what there is of one, devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Gambling, and Beef-Based Agriculture industries.

Crime is a serious problem. Drinkhomebrewica's national animal is the bobcat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.

Does this stuff change as time goes on and I make decisions?

Back