Noisy bottle washer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The happy mug said:
My brass bottle washer makes a terrible shrieking noise when I use it. Anybody else have this problem, or a bottle washer that doesn't make this annoying sound?

I have the same bottle washer and yes it shrieks like a banshee. Also my brass wire that when you press it makes water come out, broke off. I sent 3 back that broke like that and now the 4th one i have is broken too. It still works you just have to put it back into the nozzel, just dont lose it. Still a very useful product

I think the sound you are talking about has to do with the water pressure squeezing through the nozzle. I've had that problem also, but not to the extent you guys are complaining about.

Have you lowered the pressure any? Does it change the pitch of the screech any?

The happy mug said:
My brass bottle washer makes a terrible shrieking noise when I use it. Anybody else have this problem, or a bottle washer that doesn't make this annoying sound?
I'm guessing you're not married? ;)

The happy mug said:

yea, but i got ride of her! :D bada-ping! thanks, i'm here all-night....

Thanks, folks. I can change the pitch with water pressure, but I can't seem to find a quiet flow. I can lower it to the point that it won't shut itself off, but it still screeches.

Back