Can anyone help with alternative hops choices for a recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyinsonoma

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have this recipe:

http://www.brewingkb.com/recipes/Ho...A-Recipe-the-real-thing-not-a-clone-1727.html

The local store only had one of the hops in whole hop form or actually at all.

Can anyone give me any advice for this I'd love to be able to switch it up and get what I need for tomorrow.

.7 oz/20g Warrior Hops (60-35 minutes)
.28 oz./7g Simcoe Hops (35-25 minutes)
.7 oz./20g Palisade Hops (25-0 minutes)
1 tsp. Irish Moss (15 minutes)
.7 oz./20g Palisade Hops (whirlpool)
.59 oz./17g Amarillo Hops (dryhop)
.59 oz./17g Simcoe Hops (dryhop)
.59 oz./17g Glacier Hops (dryhop)

I was thinking since I am dry hopping maybe i can order part of it and get some alternatives to use during the boil.

Additionally I just noticed you live in Santa Rosa...give The Beverage People a call if your guy doesnt have your supplies...they are located on Piner Road in Santa Rosa: http://www.thebeveragepeople.com/index.html

I used to get stuff from them a long time ago when I lived there...great people, great supply of stuff.

Thanks, I went there today but got a little anal and didn't want to make a mistake, they are out of everything on the list but the Simcoe, I needed to double check for a better feeling of choosing alternatives for this recipe. I hate to change it up that much even if it really isn't that much. I know... ridiculous, lol...

Thanks for the help, I'm definitely excited about making this IPA, then of course Healdsburg's Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA. My personal favorite. I'm a light weight and 2 of these taste great and get me ****ed up quick.

Back