Sweat smells like yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfonnes

Reaction score
I have been drinking my home brew for about a month now, during my last two cardio sessions I have noticed that my sweat smells different, almost yeasty.

Is this just my imagination or has anyone else noticed this?

If I have more than a couple pints I can smell acetaldehyde in my sweat the next day - maybe your brain is just making the association with fermentation?

My ex used to sprinkle yeast on top of the dogs food to help with flea control, they had a yeasty bready smell after a few weeks. LOL

UHm..interesting. I have pugs so it means little tight wrinkley faces means yeast would love to get in there and f it up. Maybe he/her just wanted to get his dogs drunk without giving them his precious beer. I remember when i used to work at a pizza shop and used dough that had been left in the fridge over the weekend for crew chow. The pizza had a hint of alcohol after taste to it. The one girl that was working with us said eww it taste like alcohol the other 3 guys just kept eating it even ate her slices

My wife SWEARS she can tell what kind of beer I have been drinking by my sweat after cardio, so there may be something to it. I have noticed a certain hop type smell doing cardy the day after I have had a few IPA's...

I think that it's conceivable that you could sweat metabolites which smell like yeast.

It's also possible that you have yeast on your body from brewing and when it gets wet it starts doing its yeastie thing.

Don't worry your not imagining things. When I played hockey you could tell who went out the night before and got wasted. You could just smell the beer from their sweat.

Don't laugh,

But the first time I really drank was 16. The next morning I woke up and went back to work and all I could smell was the smell of wine coolers (Bartles and James if you must know).

I know that when I was doing physical labor near Hindu's they commented that beef eaters (like me) smelled different to them.

Latest posts

Back