Bud Light Aluminum Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser423

Reaction score
So, I bought a 15 pack or whatever the heck they sell these things in the other day at the store.

I bought them for two reasons:

1) Shipping beer. A couple of buddies and are are getting into that, and we've had some mishaps.

2) I planned on filling 3/4 with water, capping, and freezing. Then I could use 4-5 of them to take me down that last little bit from 90 to 70.

I drank the crap out of these Friday night and Saturday morning. Went to cap them and my hand capper for whatever reason just won't grab the lip. I go to cap and the thing just plunges all the way down.

So, I brewed this weekend anyways (second batch boiling now), and I'm wondering if there's a trick to this, or what model of bench or other capper would work on this thing...

I drank all that Bud, please tell me that it was for something.... :(

I'd like to not spend more money, but I'm not sure what I could do to make the capper catch. It's one of those black wing cappers.

Thanks Yuri....In some other threads, I had read that a wing capper would work if you were just careful...I guess that's not the case in my case :cross:

I can't think of a way to make a wing capper work on the aluminum bottles. The advice you mention sounds like a technique for some of the odd-shaped or thin glass bottles.

I have the same problem (meaning they look nice but don't work) with Bass and almost any Mexican bottles, my wing capper pulls the cap off when I back off on it.

Are the Bud aluminum bottles twist offs, just curious?

"I drank all that Bud, please tell me that it was for something.... :("

That is pretty funny! BL is terrible and only reserved for the summer's hottest activities (lake, golf, etc) around my house.

Back