What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinkin bottle two of my wifes summer shandy. Bottled 3/31,it was left in the MB to condition better. Crystal clear,light amber orange crisp goodness at 5.33%.

A two toasted ale.Tastes nothing like a two hearted ale.Thats what happens when you use british yeast and toasted malt. Slow foamer.Despite my overcarbonation or possible washed yeast wild yeast infection.Ive never had a beer like it.Thats what i get when i wash liquid yeast that exploded all over my clean? hand/slightly sanitized yeast-tube from that batch. I threw all my older conditioning batches from that washed yeast to the fridge seen a few consistant batches with slow foamers that noided me out.I checked a gravity on my esb which was one of the first used washed yeast batches and the origional bottled FG was 1.016 and it tested at 1.006 currently,had this condition for over 4 mo. This is a lesson on infections for me. At least i have some control over it(maybe luck?). I think its wise to pull one every few weeks if you bottle condition for any length of time to at least check on overcarbonation. That being said these batches i did the oz per gallon priming sugar thing also which is a bit too much anyway.

I like it. It is very tart for sure. I don't think that I would like a beer that is more sour than this. The regular rodenbach is pretty good. I like this one a lot better.

good to know, ive been on a sour binge lately so i might have to crack it open soon!

drinking field Mouse's Farewell from Pretty things tonight.

very good saison that ive been meaning to try for a couple years now.

Nice smooth tripel. Day off tomorrow, was challenged to kick this keg tonight by swmbo (she wants room in the lineup for her cream ale) , thinking shes gonna win this one.

Last years Cascadian Tripel, and it keeps getting better and better. Stone Ruination 10th Anniversary makes all other DIPA and IIPAs feel obsolete.

I'm drinking a nice Canadian India pale ale goes down a treat. Ended up drinking 6 of them last night didn't I was ploughing trough them.

My N.Z. Rakau IPA.Love New Zealand hops.
And my Porter,one of my better-est beers.
My Organic Bastard.
Last but not least my Ruby Mild.

Very homebrewy night. I can easily predict a no-headache tomarrow. Even after all this super hot weather.

Yuengling Lager. It's the only lager in my house right now, and it's not available in Michigan normally (family in from out of town brought some).

I really don't want one of my remaining holiday spice ales or a double IPA in my house which is hovering at one hundred degrees without air conditioning...

Hop Notch, Old Chub and now PBR. That'll do for tonight! I have to go to Vail, Co for a class and conference this weekend and into the early part of next week tomorrow. Is there a local brewery there or drinking establishment someone may recommend?

Yeah, moving to Seattle right now from Northern California. Takes a lot of cash to make that move. I just finished up school and got a big kid job and I feel like I am even more poor than I was in college.

image-3201525104.jpg

George Dickel Tennessee Whisky, may not be beer but it sure is tasty!

Nogone O Imperial Brown Ale.Store shelf aged probably a year or 2 at least,lack of demand but for my benefit(sorry sucka's).On sale too,probably to get rid of them.Good stuff though,enjoyed all of nogone o beers so far.

Back