Stout Conical VS Ebay Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woz

Reaction score
I've seen a number of older threads discussing these different conicals, some including speculation over whether they came from the same manufacturer or not. In one thread, Stout said they were different and he thought they were lighter with thinner steel, but it was still speculation. I know a number of members have these conicals. For the record, I am referring specifically to Stout Tanks And Kettles conicals compared to homebrewhousediscount's conicals sold through ebay (http://myworld.ebay.com/homebrewhousediscount)

Thanks for any advice or insights you can provide.

I don't know anything about the ebay conicals but I do have the stout tanks 14.5 gallon fermenter with racking arm and newer style clamp on lid. The quality is excellent. My only complaint is that it's a bit tricky to get a good seal on the lid.

I have two Stout Conicals, a 14.5 (Older model) and a newer 27 gallon one. Stout is more stout than Blickman. I wish all my equipment was from Stout Conicals!

If I go with Stout I also wondered if I should opt for the butterfly valve upgrade...

Hi, I just got a stout 7.3 conical. It seems great, but I would love to come up with a way to build a racking arm for it? As anybody done this on a stout fermenter? I have butterfly valves with mine. Thanks.

Back