Motorola Droid Brew Timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMPLER

Reaction score
Anyone know of and have a brew timer for their Motorola Droid. I would like something that would keep track of mash times, boil times and hop addition intervals.

Is there such a thing?

I was looking on my buddies Droid for Apps. There alot of Calculators For Hops, Bottling, Temperatures, Logs, But did not see or heard of any for Timers

I know there are a Few sites out there where you can design and make your own app. Few of them are free from what i understand. I have heard this from several people. However i do not know any of them. imagine you could google it and find them..

Home brew calculators. But I set it for 60 min, 15 min, and 5 min, and it did not alert the 5 minute addition. I still have to use another timer.

You are looking for the latest version of Homebrew Calculator. It has a boil timer with hop schedule. I just downloaded and played with it and it's exactly what you are asking about. Thanks to the OP for bringing this up, I've been using the alarm clock and it's pretty cumbersome to use for hop schedule additions. This has the additional advantage of a single timer giving you all the boil additions and remaining times. I haven't actually brewed with it yet, but I'll be using it next time for sure.

Edit: Well I stand corrected, I'm going to do a dummy brew now to make sure all the timers go off. Maybe it's a glitch they can fix.

OK, what I found out was the audible alerts don't sound if the phone is locked or sleeping. Here is the developer's site http://ghostchilisoftware.com/ I've sent him a question and asked if there was a work around. This timer is exactly what I want, if it actually sounds the alert if I put the phone down. The alarm works and alerts if the phone is locked, so it must be possible. The developer is troy518 on this site and has mentioned it in this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/droid-brewing-apps-161380/#post1866442

Downloaded! I hope the timers are audiable when in sleep mode otherwise this maybe uselss. I'll have to play with it more.

Thanks

Check the Android Market for OI Countdown. You can set as many timers as you want, and when one completes, it can trigger the next one. Alarms trigger even if the phone is off. I've used this for my last four brew days and am quite pleased with it.

Check the Android Market for OI Countdown. You can set as many timers as you want, and when one completes, it can trigger the next one. Alarms trigger even if the phone is off. I've used this for my last four brew days and am quite pleased with it.

Nice find on the app, thanks for sharing. I just finished playing with it. I set up a mock brew day with multiple timers for Boil Time, Hop 1, Hop 2, Hop 3, Fire Sparge water, and Add Whirlflock/Yeast Nutrient It was nice to have the separate hop timers and an individual ring for each type of alert. It worked even while sleeping and had a vibrate option so I could keep it pocketed instead of out. Some reviews said it kept running in the background chewing up battery even when you aren't using it and it started randomly making the alarm go off. I don't see evidence of that yet, I checked running services and it wasn't included in the list when off.

Back