Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone checked out globalindustrial.com for the wesco mini-winch stacker? It's pricey but it's the only thing I've found to lift those heavy carboys. Haven't bought yet.

A friend of mine uses a small chainfall mounted to a track to lift kegs and carboys in his brew rig and keezer.

Put this together last week out of some scrap pressure treated lumber and about $30 in plywood & other parts

the-stand-56748.jpg

Still needs a little work but I plan to take it out for a spin in the next few weeks

My two tier rig. Immersion and counter flow chillers. Chugger pump hard wired to gfci switched outlet. Hard plumbed filtered lines for filling and cleanup. Chillers plumbed to stand. It works well but there is always something to be done ;)

image-668381901.jpg

image-4244130645.jpg

image-2784514560.jpg

Here is a recent picture of my current setup. Pumping out 1BBL brews and still testing new styles and small brews on the original 10 gallon system. 60 Gallon BK, 40 Gallon MLT, Rinnai Instant HWH for HLT. I'm hooked on home brew for life!!

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

Damn, MaxOut :eek: that's some serious "home"brewing gear--I'm thinking I ought to delete that picture of my embarrassing wooden ghettorig

insane is short!! maxoout you BK and mlt are gas burner or electric. I also saw some back lines to the 15 gal keg yu use them in the process? I will like to see the fermentators.

gyropilot1 said:
insane is short!! maxoout you BK and mlt are gas burner or electric. I also saw some back lines to the 15 gal keg yu use them in the process? I will like to see the fermentators.

Check my build thread in my signature. The 60 gallon BK is a propane fired steam kettle, the 40 gallon MLT is jacketed but heated indirectly by recirculating wort through the keggle heat exchanger in HLT and water in MLT jacket is circulated through the keggle BK. Both the Bk & HLT keggles are directly fired by BCS controlled BG14 propane burners. I also use the keggles to temper and measure water from instant hot water heater for strike and sparge.

SmokeHavel said:
Maxout- Those 15g keggles look so damn tiny in comparison. Do you have a dedicated brewhaus, garage, or basement? Nicely done.

Yes, I donated a big part of my garage to the brewery. The Brewstation is way too heavy to move around. I have water and propane piped to the Rinnia tankless water heater, Brewstation and kettles. Check out my build thread in my signature.

Well, I have posted this elsewhere, but I guess it is time to make it official. This is my 20 gallon single tier, Brutus inspired stand. It is a natural gas, direct fired RIMS controlled by a pair of Blichmann Tower of Power units. Will be trying out the Blichmann LINK software on the next batch. The controllers are mounted on a CRT TV articulating mount.

IMAG0284-1.jpg

here is a picture of my stand finally in use

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

i bought a false bottom that day, but didn't get a chance to use it (hence why i have the cooler ontop of the BK)
Next setup will be a full manual brutus 20 :mug:

I have only gotten a chance to use it twice because we just had a baby. But it works great. Took me about a year of building in my free time. I should also add that the dog is just drinking freshwater out of the brew kettle. Everything was cleaned and sanitized after that.

IMG_0320.jpg

A year back or so, two of my co workers and I decided to go a bit bigger than our homebrewing systems.

Now our new "sculpture" is produced and November 15 it will be on a ship to Sweden where we have started a new microbrewery.

IMG_4301.JPG

We do have some more pictures on our facebook page (language is Swedish but the pictures speak their own language)

http://www.facebook.com/Brygghus19

Flash boiler. It produces all of the hot water and steam. It gives me hot water for strike and sparge, and it gives me steam for step mashing and boiling. Can't take credit though, I borrowed the idea from Kladue and Greenmonti. The tube is actually a quarter inch thick steel pipe, that i picked up form a pipe supplier for 12 bucks, that sucker is heavy considering the weight of the pipe and the 100 ft of copper inside it

A year back or so, two of my co workers and I decided to go a bit bigger than our homebrewing systems.

Now our new "sculpture" is produced and November 15 it will be on a ship to Sweden where we have started a new microbrewery.

IMG_4301.JPG

We do have some more pictures on our facebook page (language is Swedish but the pictures speak their own language)

http://www.facebook.com/Brygghus19

Hahaha, good to see the Chiness factory is keeping up with it's H&S! :D
Looks nice! what size is it, 20hL? Who are you getting to fabricate it and how are they to deal with?
Good luck!

This is my BIAB setup that I mash in a cooler. I was aiming for something compact and easy to clean. I pump strike water from the pot to the cooler then gravity feed my runnings to the kettle (with the bag still in the cooler - no lifting involved). I don't bother with a mashout or sparge as I can hit 78% mash efficiency without either. The stand collapses and sets up in about 20 seconds.

82434d1352067645-my-new-compact-semi-biab-setup-imag0455.jpg

82430d1352066670-my-new-compact-semi-biab-setup-imag0458.jpg

82429d1352066670-my-new-compact-semi-biab-setup-imag0457.jpg

82437d1352070165-my-new-compact-semi-biab-setup-mash.jpg

This setup is getting kinda old now. I want to weld up an all stainless single level that is fully automated. I have too many hobbies for this change to happen at any reasonable amount of time.
(don't know why this was flipped on it's side!)

image.jpg

I've been trying to figure out the best setup for my enviroment. I'd really like to keep everything together so I can just wheel out to the driveway and start brewing. I plan on using one or two pumps to move liquid around and have only added the higher tier for storage. The length is 6'. The upper tier is 5', the lower being 3'. The width is 2'. The HLT will be up top, the boil kettle on the other side, and the MLT in the middle. I setup an outdoor kitchen when I brew so the Bus Tubs and Hose shown will be in use when the HTL is under flame.

I'd love any feedback or comments.

BrewCartDesigns_9.jpg

BrewCartDesigns_4.jpg

BrewCartDesigns_00016.jpg

BrewCartDesigns_00018.jpg

If it were me, I'd put the storage into another cabinet on rollers I'd make it a single tier set up. You are going to have the pumps anyway.

If you go natural gas instead of propane you won't need to store a propane tank (or two).

I can finally join this club! I'm on the path to building a semi-automated single tier Brutus style system, but had to get the big $$$ out of the way with my kettles, pumps, accessories, fittings and such. For now, I'm just on 2x6's...but the stand will come once I recover financially from everything in this phase, probably in a couple months.

I brewed on it last Sunday and all I can say is...it was awesome.

brew1.jpg

brew2.jpg

First time posting and I have to give a lot of credit to this thread. A lot of my ideas and plans came from all the different sculptures on here.

I will eventually get a rolling, single tiered system like a lot of you have, but I simply do not have the room yet. I was lucky enough to have room for a storage shed to put everything in. I used to pull everything out and set it up on chairs but decided just to mount everything inside the shed instead.

Check it out!

DSC_9687.jpg
Open the doors and....
DSC_9688.jpg

System contains two March pumps, a RIMS tube, keggle and burner, Rubbermaid mash tun and a separate Rubbermaid cooler for storing sparge water. Everything is controlled by a simple panel mounted on the inside with two PID controllers, one for the RIMS and one to display keggle temp.

DSC_9693.jpg

Pull out the burner and you're ready to go!

DSC_9697.jpg

Pumps are more or less permanently attached but the RIMS tube can be removed to drain.

DSC_9709.jpg

Also features a ~30' counterflow wort chiller and a rack to hang up all my tubing on the door. Cheers! :mug:

http://skullstachebrew.blogspot.com/

Back